can i remove the posts off my tracks ?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sore mouf

can i remove the posts off my tracks ?

#1 Post by sore mouf »

HI all

i am 34 and got a set of train tracks fitted to my top set of teeth a few days ago

the second from the end brackets have these small posts that i have seen are for the wee elestic bands but they annoy the hell out of me when i try to smile and such and i was wondering if i can snip the offending posts off ? (i only have tracks on the top set so i presumed the posts are not needed ?!)

thanks

plugnickel69

Re: can i remove the posts off my tracks ?

#2 Post by plugnickel69 »

Please do not try this. Chances are they will be needed during your treatment. You will probably break the bracket off if you try to snap them off. Try using some wax. In a short period of time you will no longer be aware of them. If you just can't take it, call your ortho. Orthodontics is not DIY.

chichi

#3 Post by chichi »

I agree. Please do NOT do this. You will almost certainly need them later in your treatment.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

sore mouf

#4 Post by sore mouf »

got an appointment to go see the torturer tommorow so will see what they say

wax does seem to be helping but the way they are mounted on the inscisors mean they stick out and catch my lip inside and out when i smile ..... will have to refrain from smiling for the foreseeable future

chichi

#5 Post by chichi »

sore mouf wrote:wax does seem to be helping but the way they are mounted on the inscisors mean they stick out and catch my lip inside and out when i smile ..... will have to refrain from smiling for the foreseeable future
My lips sometimes get caught on them too, but I would never even consider trying to clip them off. You are new to braces and still need time to get used to them.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

ljms

#6 Post by ljms »

You've heard this before but I'll add my voice. NO!! Don't!

Initially, my lips got caught on those hooks as well. It lasted for two weeks. By then the teeth moved enough that my lips didn't catch anymore. Wax and patience are the answers.