My introduction. Hi :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jb1231

My introduction. Hi :)

#1 Post by jb1231 »

Here's my story:

26y/o. I got my Damon Braces applied on 2/17/14. I have an overbite and crowding. I used to have a gap between my two front teeth, but about 5-6 years ago I had that fixed with just a retainer and such. Now that I'm married and I feel we have a stable income, I decided it was time to do something about my teeth.

I've already had a bracket (the hook bracket) come off of my molar. I'm going into the office first thing Monday AM to have it reapplied. I believe since it's actually connected to a crown, that is the problem. In fact, I believe they said to write in my chart that it may come off.

The first day of having braces I wasn't sore, but the next morning it was painful. Definitely trying to stick to soft foods! Still sore but not like the first day-third day.

I am the first patient in my orthodontists office to have the Damon braces. After my consultation, the Dr explained how he thinks it would be a perfect fit for me but explained this would be his first time. He said he wants to start using them in the future and since I am his first patient he would not charge me extra but is planning on charging extra for them. He estimated my treatment will be 18 months. After reading many articles online, I feel he was underestimating. But I hope that's accurate!

I just joined for support because in my first week alone I have had many thoughts of "Can I do this for a year and a half?!" I'm feeling insecure about the braces and already wishing my 18 months would be done! Ahhhh!

chichi

Re: My introduction. Hi :)

#2 Post by chichi »

Welcome, from another Damon-wearer!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

jb1231

#3 Post by jb1231 »

Thanks chichi!

How often are you getting adjustments? My first one is in 8 weeks.

chichi

#4 Post by chichi »

My adjustments have been every 8 weeks. My next one is scheduled for 6 weeks, though. We're going to be doing x-rays, pictures, and bracket repositioning at that one. I'm not sure if they'll be every 6 weeks from now on or if I'll go back to 8 weeks. We'll see!
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

jb1231

#5 Post by jb1231 »

My initial adjustment is at the eight week mark. I'm not sure if I will be every 10 after that or every 8.
I'm actually rather excited for the first adjustment! Just to know that progress has been made. (Hopefully)

April 14th!

braceyourself1988

#6 Post by braceyourself1988 »

Hi and welcome!

jb1231

#7 Post by jb1231 »

[quote="braceyourself1988"]Hi and welcome![/quote]

Thanks!

jb1231

#8 Post by jb1231 »

A little over a week to go for my adjustment!

yesterday I woke up and seemed to notice my most crooked teeth has made progress! My husband has told me it has a couple weeks ago but I didn't seem to notice until yesterday. At first I thought I was crazy but I compared it to a picture from when I first got the braces put on, I definitely noticed the wire is straighter. I feel very excited about that! :D :D

Jewels

#9 Post by Jewels »

Hello!

Good luck on your first adjustment! Each one brings you closer to the end!

Wheeles498

#10 Post by Wheeles498 »

Hello. I had my braces put on 3/6/14. I have the Damon system with custom made brackets. They scanned my teeth and the brackets are costum made for me. Suppose to lesson treatment time but we will see. I am 41 and have severe crowding on bottom and an overbite. I'm hoping my sentence will be less than 18 months. I go for my adjustment May 29 and will know better then how long treatment time is going to be. I'm not sure if all my adjustments will be 12 weeks apart. Good Luck.

jb1231

#11 Post by jb1231 »

Jewels wrote:Hello!

Good luck on your first adjustment! Each one brings you closer to the end!

Thanks!! That's how I'm looking at it too :)

jb1231

#12 Post by jb1231 »

Wheeles498 wrote:Hello. I had my braces put on 3/6/14. I have the Damon system with custom made brackets. They scanned my teeth and the brackets are costum made for me. Suppose to lesson treatment time but we will see. I am 41 and have severe crowding on bottom and an overbite. I'm hoping my sentence will be less than 18 months. I go for my adjustment May 29 and will know better then how long treatment time is going to be. I'm not sure if all my adjustments will be 12 weeks apart. Good Luck.

Thanks! Best of luck to you as well. Hope it goes smoothly

jb1231

#13 Post by jb1231 »

First adjustment done! They only changed the top wire. I believe because he said my one lower tooth is still rotating and that there is still some crowding on the lower teeth? So I go back in 4-6wks!
I believe the wire I have now is a 18 or 19.

Uploading a pic of my progress...
The picture on the right was 2/17 when I got braces applied, and pic of left was a picture taken last week!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheKT

#14 Post by TheKT »

Welcome. I have had 2 adjustments and also a Damon wearer. My brace date was 12/19 I think. I also have overbite and very crowded on the bottom. I have some crowns as well and was forewarned that sometimes the brackets come off.

jb1231

#15 Post by jb1231 »

Just switched to the square wire.

OUCH!

My previous adjustment I had no soresness or pain.
This one sure is different. As I expected. Just hope the pain doesn't last the whole time! I've taken tylenol and it's still very painful to eat. Going to try to stick to soft foods until/if the pain goes away! Just dreaing this one because I know up until my previous adjustment I was sore eating anything. :(