Second time is a charm

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rebraced

Second time is a charm

#1 Post by Rebraced »

I am brand new here but what a great deal of info. I went to my dentist today because of some concern I had about my teeth crowding. He told me I had to go see an orthodontist to find out what action he wants to take. I have an appointment tomorrow morning too see if I am going back in braces. I had braces for two and a half years in my teens and never had a retainer. I am now wondering if this is why my teeth are moving so much. I am not really sure what to think or what to do at this point untill I know more tomorrow and what my options are.
Anyome else here have to have braces AGAIN?

:?

Rebraced

#2 Post by Rebraced »

Thanks for leting me know I am no the only one who needs braces a second time around. I am afraid they are going to want to do an EXTRACTION to make room for my lower teeth due to the slight crowding. Do they always extract or if the crowding is not to bad do they just use braces to adjust the spacing? I am getting scared now (lol). I had four wisdom teeth pulled for my braces last time.

Rebraced

#3 Post by Rebraced »

OK I just got back from my initial orthodontic exam. They took a lot of pictures and we went over lots of options. They said that I was an excellent candidate for Invisaline braces. I agree however the cost was high and I dont like that you have to remove them whenever you want to eat or drink. Upper and lowers were about $5,000. I think I am going to go with metal lowers and see how my upper teeth are after that treatment because they are not bad at all. I was inpressed at how much time they spent with me and really did not push that I needed braces but it was a decision that I have to make.
I was also looking around on the internet and see that the Damon 3 system seems like the most advanced and practical way to go. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I could go Metal on bottom and Invisoline on top. I have one more appointment with a different orthodontist next week so I'll have two opinions.

marcTO

#4 Post by marcTO »

Rebraced wrote:OK I just got back from my initial orthodontic exam. They took a lot of pictures and we went over lots of options. They said that I was an excellent candidate for Invisaline braces. I agree however the cost was high and I dont like that you have to remove them whenever you want to eat or drink. Upper and lowers were about $5,000. I think I am going to go with metal lowers and see how my upper teeth are after that treatment because they are not bad at all. I was inpressed at how much time they spent with me and really did not push that I needed braces but it was a decision that I have to make.
I was also looking around on the internet and see that the Damon 3 system seems like the most advanced and practical way to go. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions. I could go Metal on bottom and Invisoline on top. I have one more appointment with a different orthodontist next week so I'll have two opinions.
your wasting your time you should just get top cermic and bottom metal because youll see better results.. and have less of a hassle, i wanted invisalign but ended up getting ceramic and my teeth are close to perfect...i was so ashamed to be wearing braces at first but they payed off...
Top and Bottom Braces Full Ceramic
----------------------------------------------

Rebraced

#5 Post by Rebraced »

Thanks for the info. I have so much to still decide including payment options. I'll definitely know more next week after my visit to the second orthodontist. I have decided invisaline is out for me due to the cost and I like to eat snacks all day which would be impossible. I'll be getting metal on the bottom for sure.

Rebraced

#6 Post by Rebraced »

I got back from my second opinion appointment with a different doctor. I really like this one and you can just tell he really knows what he is doing. I was just concerned about the crowding of my lower teeth but he also noticed a bit going on with my uppers also.
He is able to put me in clear braces both top and bottom for only six months and at a real reasonable cost. I had not thought about doing a full upper and lower bracing but now I am really excited about getting such good results in about six months. He did not mention metal at all to me and gave me this booklet on the clear brackets by ormco.
My next appointment is not till mid September for the x-rays and stuff. I wish it was quicker, I really want to get a move on it. I just wonder what the difference will be between clear and meal braces. They both have a metal archwire.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Braced on 9/20/05 Top and Bottom
Clear brackets with wire ties

Rebraced

It's all happenign fast now

#7 Post by Rebraced »

I just got back this morning after waited three weeks for my second appointment for x-rays and pictures along with a consultattion. It was like one of the longest three weeks I have had in a while. Just not knowing exactly when and how long I would be in braces. It was worth the wait because my ortho is really good and very professional. Now I see why there is such a waiting list there.
I am getting clear braces on top and bottom with wire ties for about six months he told me. I figured I would have to wait another few weeks but luckily I was able to get an appointment next Tueseday in the morning. Now I realize WOW this is happening way to fast. Hopefully I'll be out of them by next summer if everything goes as planned.

jennielee81

#8 Post by jennielee81 »

GREAT!!!

Wow, only 6 months in braces? That's going to just fly by! I guess I shouldn't be too jealous since when you're done, I'll only have 6 months left!

Put up pictures (if you can) once you get them on...you know how we really love pictures here. :wink:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Rebraced

#9 Post by Rebraced »

Ok, I'll take some pictures Tueseday when I get them on. I was excited that I would only have them for six months. I have some crowding in my lower teeth and some upper teeth are moving a bit. Nothing to serious so I guess this is why the short term. As Tueseday gets closer I keep getting the feeling I should push it back a week (lol). I have a meeting the next day which will make me nervous as all hell. I ask myself "and I am doing this again why?"
I guess I just appreciate when someone has a great looking smile and I want mine the same way forever. Oh well, I'll press on and see what happens.
Chris

usa1

#10 Post by usa1 »

Rebraced. You will do fine. You have 1/2 the battle won since you had them as a teen you know what to expect with soreness/eating etc. The other 1/2 I am convinced dosent exist. Most people that talk to you dont even look you in the face. The rest that do look you in the face will not notice unless you smile or laugh. No one has given me a hard time. Most that do want to see mine are envyous and compliment them. Dont think anymore about it. Just pick something else in your life and focus on that.
Braces July 26 2005
Treatment time 24 months
Damon 3's top Damon 2's bottom

Rebraced

#11 Post by Rebraced »

Tueseday morning the 20th is the BIG day. I have one last day to eat anything I want. I guess tonights dinner better be a good one. I sarted to stock up on soft foods anticipating the pain factor. I'll post some pictures when there done.
Chris

Rebraced

I did it

#12 Post by Rebraced »

I am officially back in braces since this morning. I had my upper and lower teeth braced with clear brackets and wire ties. My ortho also did some reshaping of the teeth to make some room. I really didn't like this part of the visit because he was grinding away at my teeth and I hate that feeling and the SOUND Ahhhhh.
The rest went really well but the wire ties took a lot longer than regular ligating bands do. I could really feel the pressure when the arch wire was placed in the brackets. I knew it was a bad sign when both the Dr. and the assistant said Ohhh your going to need some Tylenol for tonight. So far I just feel pressure but I know what it coming. I can really see now just how far out of alignment my teeth were with the arch wire in place. I took some pictures and I'll post them when I find out where I am going to put them.
Chris

PaPHIL32

BRACE DAY

#13 Post by PaPHIL32 »

WELL HOW DID IT GO ?HOPE ALL IS WELL ON YOUR FIRST DAY BACK IN BRACES? EVERYTHING YOU IMAGINED RIGHT ? ANY TIPS FOR ME ON OCT 14 I hAVE HEARD TO TAKE SOME SORT OF IBUPRROFEN OR ADVIL. HOW ABOUT SOME SORT OF ALC, ONLY KIDDING , ALTHOUGH IT WOULD MAKE A PRETTY INTERESTING APPOPOINTMENT. ANYWAY , GOOD LUCK ON 2ND TIME AROUND KEEP ME POSTED , I'M GOING TO TRY SOME PICS , HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK. TALK TO YOU SOON, PHIL

Rebraced

The moring after

#14 Post by Rebraced »

Phil and KK, it's now the morning after being braced. I really don't have to much pain although I have not tired to have breakfast yet so who knows. I have a super high threshold for pain so what might not be anything to be might be agony for someone else.

As KK mentioned use some sort of lip conditioner. She told be to and I even brought mine in the office with me. I conditioned before and after and had no problem at all. Lips do dry out badly when getting braces and I don't know why. I have my little care package from the orthos office with special toothbrushes, wax, and other goodies but I haven't needed the wax so far.

I have found and remembered that after you eat anything you better check and see that you are clean. I have been rinsing or brushing after every meal. I have to go to Wal-Mart today and get a waterpick or someting similar.

Lastly I was just told last night I look like a 10 year old...... Ahh yes this is going to be fun, I have trouble convincing people of my age as it is. Now it's going to be impossible.

Rebraced

Breakfast

#15 Post by Rebraced »

OK I just attempted breakfast. Nevermind what I said about having no pain this morning. I have pain when I eat :x I had warm oatmeal with some OJ. Did anyone ever mention what a mess oatmeal makes on braces...... :twisted: I am so looking forward to lunch "NOT"