Vyvyen finally braced :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vyvyen

Vyvyen finally braced :)

#1 Post by vyvyen »

Hello fellow fab over 40/50's. Yesterday I finally got my braces after a huge journey just to get to this stage. I'm 55, have allergy to nickel and finally settled on an Orthodontist that I felt comfortable with. I had brackets stuck on my back teeth just to see if there was any reaction over two weeks (I was very nervous). I have American Orthodontics Empower brackets and six clear ones on the top front. I can honestly say that I hate my old crooked stained teeth and will be so happy to finally have straight teeth and then hopefully get veneers. So the long journey begins :)

vyvyen

Re: Vyvyen finally braced :)

#2 Post by vyvyen »

I just cannot figure out how to do one of these 'tickers' can someone please help? :)

Aviol

#3 Post by Aviol »

Congratulations on getting braced! How are you feeling? How was having the braces applied?

I too have a nickel allergy (you replied to my post last week). Have you gone completely nickel free with your brace?

So pleased that you're on the road to a beautiful smile!

vyvyen

#4 Post by vyvyen »

Hi Aviol,

Two LONG hours to get braced :(. I haven't gone nickel free but have absolutely no problem with my braces allergy wise at all (I was extremely nervous that's why I made him put brackets on two week before). He has said IF I get any reaction to the wires he will use stainless steel wires but so far so good. Good luck with your braces.

Hash

#5 Post by Hash »

Hi ya, I went onto ticker factory and picked a ticker, added date and it worked, more by fluke really cause I didn't know how to do if! There is a help section further on up on " how to do everything" with a thread on tickers. Hope that helps and hope the braces are hoping ok :D I have serious wire poking on my gums so wax overload till next wed appointment :)

Aviol

#6 Post by Aviol »

vyvyen wrote:Hi Aviol,

Two LONG hours to get braced :(. I haven't gone nickel free but have absolutely no problem with my braces allergy wise at all (I was extremely nervous that's why I made him put brackets on two week before). He has said IF I get any reaction to the wires he will use stainless steel wires but so far so good. Good luck with your braces.
Two hours in the doctors chair sounds like fun :wink:

Your comments re nickel have really set my mind at rest. My ortho said exactly the same about changing the wires if I have a problem.

How are you getting on? Hope you're not in too much discomfort and eating isn't proving too difficult. How have others reacted to your brace? I'm back to see the ortho on Thursday to get impressions done for a model and whitening trays. It's going to set me back a good few hundred GBP so it feels like there's no going back once I've had this next appointment. Scary!!!!!

Hope all is well with you, keep us updated on your progress :)

vyvyen

#7 Post by vyvyen »

Hi Hash and Aviol,

Cool ticker :D but how do you add it to your posts? Can't figure that one out. My mouth is getting worse but it's from the braces rubbing on the inside of my mouth :soremouth: I need to use more wax, will have to buy in bulk lol. Eating masses of chocolate chip biscuits dunked in tea, not healthy but don't care at this stage, chocolate = happy! Good luck with your braces Aviol hopefully you will be like me and won't have an allergic reaction. xx