Second time with braces at 26!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

st00dy

Second time with braces at 26!

#1 Post by st00dy »

Hi all,

What a great site, i've been looking around for the past half hour or so and there is some great help to be found here.

The subject heading is true, I am now 26 and this is the second time in my life I have had to wear braces (you'd think i'd just give up!). The first was when I was at school and the results were unspectacular, probably because they gave me a removable device - which was often removed!

Now I have a fixed appliance (damon 2 on the bottom, damon 3 on the top) which was fitted last week and so far so good.

I am having the same sorts of problems as most people seem to have, chewing, irritation, too much saliva... but hopefully this will all go away soon.

So far friends and family are cool with it all, i think they know why i'm doing this - I just wish i could have afforded lingual.

Anyways, I think I will be back on this site a lot in the coming months (years??) and I hope to get to know you guys better.

Speaking of which, how much success should a new metal-mouth expect in the dating game?
get it off me, get it off me!

ChuckMase

Re: Second time with braces at 26!

#2 Post by ChuckMase »

st00dy wrote:...Speaking of which, how much success should a new metal-mouth expect in the dating game?
I'm 26 myself and just got braces about 1 week and half ago and so far I've had no issues. I got this girl's phone number the other day with braces (and even a kiss). She actually thought they were very cute. It's actually a great conversation starter. Just be yourself. Any female with some intelligence knows that you're doing something to better yourself.

Pain is a sign of weakness leaving the body.