What was your first meal/food after braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KaylaChristine

Re: What was your first meal/food after braces?

#106 Post by KaylaChristine »

I had lunch almost immediately after my braces were put on. I ate at a oriental buffet. My teeth weren't too sore right after and I was able to eat (swallow really) noodles and eat some sushi--anything else was too tough. It took me 45 minutes to eat a bean burrito that night for dinner. The following day (yesterday) I couldn't chew at all. I swallowed eggs for breakfast and had soup for lunch. My dinner was Chef Boyardee mini ravioli mashed up. It didn't require any chewing so it was fantastic.

I can lightly chew eggs so far today :jump:
Braced on October 14, 2014.
Lefort I and vertical ramus osteotomy: June 15, 2015
Braces to be removed January 5, 2017.

Uptown Girl

#107 Post by Uptown Girl »

The braces went on at one o'clock. By six o'clock I was starving so heated up some mushroom soup and put toasted bread without crusts in it, making them all soggy. After the second mouthful a bracket popped off my front crown. I know the ortho said to be careful but I had to eat.

Ridingboots

#108 Post by Ridingboots »

My first meal. Was lunch where I had toasted cheese sandwich took me forever to eat and not as yummy cold. Had braces on now for couple days an soup and soft pasta oriented meals.

Schedule
Braces Installed 23 Oct 2014
Adjustment - 18 Dec 14, 19 Feb 15, 7 Apr
5 Mar 15 Palate installed
Somewhere in the Future- Double Jaw Surgery

dreadpirateweasley

#109 Post by dreadpirateweasley »

I'm a big fan of tortilla chips, so I expected I'd be able to eat them when I got my Invisalign.

HAHAHAHA. NOPE. I pretty much subsisted on lentil soup, mac & cheese, and jello for the first two weeks. My boyfriend thought I'd be able to do extra gigs in the first couple weeks, and there is literally no way I would've been able to eat anything they provided on set.

I still have fun eating certain foods when I have a particularly painful new tray.

PerthGirl26

#110 Post by PerthGirl26 »

I felt so much pain the first week that I basically had an all liquid diet! The very first meal I had was a banana smoothie, then for dinner I had soup. I only just started getting used to the braces (and started incorporating soft foods like tuna patties and mashed potatoes in my diet) when I had to get 4 teeth extracted due to crowding. Now I'm back on the liquid diet! :roll:

newbite

#111 Post by newbite »

I had a banana immediately after I got my braces on. It was terrible !!! It was such a weird experience like I was eating for the first time. I couldn't even taste it, it just got crammed against my brackets and smooshed in them. Really awkward and gross. It took about ten days to be able to eat normally. Then I reverted again when I got my first rectangular wire. Nothing has been quite as bad as that first banana, though!
•Braces placed August 14, 2014
•Deband November 11, 2015
•Permanent retainer top and bottom
•Essix retainers top and bottom 16 hr/day for a year and then nightly afterwards.

My story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 51#p455351

Heythereimfrank

#112 Post by Heythereimfrank »

I got my Damon clears a month and a half ago. My first meal was a burger, and as soon as my teeth touched the buns I realized it was a mistake .-.

Ki3L

#113 Post by Ki3L »

Chicken noodle soup.. I think the hardest thing I have ate so far with them on is baked fish. There definitely is a lot of thing I miss eating!!

YellowDogTooth

#114 Post by YellowDogTooth »

Macaroni and Cheese, so delish!

I also had a banana and a large cookie (head in the microwave).

Then Hamburger Helper for dinner. Not healthy but nothing required much chewing haha. Honestly I barely chewed my food before braces and I've always eaten lots of soft type foods, so other than it sucking that the bit I do chew hurts like hell, its mostly okay haha.

I'm on my second day and eating hurts more today. I still have eaten a bun though and a banana, chunky soup. Planning omlettes for dinner tonight I think I think....we shall see!

Ness

#115 Post by Ness »

I'm not looking forward to the first week with mine on! Least with all the ideas in this post I won't be starving too much hopefully

Ladyviola

#116 Post by Ladyviola »

I ate breakfast 30 minutes after I got braces on. I had an omelette and some potatoes. :D

Deanie

#117 Post by Deanie »

I had potato soup. I had a bite plate put in a couple of weeks ago and I am still eating softer foods as my molars are not touching.

rintiq

#118 Post by rintiq »

My first meal was awful! I had to force myself to eat.

I had gotten a tooth pulled out alongside getting braces put on. I think my orthodontist rushed it. But i had mashed potatos and refused to eat anything else. I could constantly taste the metallic tang of blood from the tooth extraction, and it did not taste good. I was also really afraid that I would dislodge the bloodclot that had just newly formed so it was really difficult to swallow without putting pressure on the area of the clot (which was on the top first molar).

aspiromusings

#119 Post by aspiromusings »

I got damon clears, first meal was chicken congee as it was the only thing I could think of that didnt require chewing
Blog - http://aspiroisbraced.blogspot.com/

Top Braces on 20th March 2015

Bottom braces on 28th August 2015

Top premolars extracted 25th April 2015

Debraced 15th December 2017 :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-*

cdmoses6

#120 Post by cdmoses6 »

My first meal was a baked potato with sour cream and butter, and a small cup of chili. The potato was amazing! I didn't even try to eat the skin, just mashed up with inside, basically making mashed potatoes. The chili was not the best idea. I mostly just had the broth. I had one bean, but they hurt to chew. I ate the small bits of meat ok, but the way they got stuck in my wires was so gross!! I also ended up trying to eat a too-big piece of hamburger and woo!! BAD idea! It was so painful to chew...
Braces on March 6th, 2015
Metal Empower self-ligating brackets, upper and lower
Class II, Division II overbite with crowding
Upper 2nd premolars extracted May 1st, 2015
First Powerchain and Class II Manatee Elastics June 15th, 2015
TADs placed July 27th, 2015
Box Manatee Elastics April 1st, 2016
Teeth shaping May 4th, 2016

My Progress: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48229