Hi from Georgia...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

GADonny

Hi from Georgia...

#1 Post by GADonny »

Hey everyone.

My name is Donny and I live just north of Atlanta. I'm getting my braces and spreader Nov 22. I have always wanted to have nice teeth. I'm on a crazy transformation right now. Running a minimum of 2 miles a day, weightlifting every other day ( resting on sundays ) and eating right. I have suffered for years with anxiety, depression and VERY low self esteem. I'm 32 and still single due to my amazing low self esteem. I know that having a better smile and a more toned body will help.. I hope.

My hobbies include music ( bluegrass, anything acoustic, rock, country, some older stuff.. you name it ) and anything out doors ( camping, off-roading, hiking but NOT hunting ).

Well I'm glad I found this sight.. it has helped me to not back out of this decision.

I'll be around....
Donny

" Sometimes the wounds that never heal are easiest to hide. "

GADonny

#2 Post by GADonny »

Thanks girl! I appreciate the kind words. It's so ironic that you're in Australia.. that is where I would like to one day live...

Thanks again,
Donny

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

Howdy there!

Welcome to the board!

I'm familiar with North Georgia....I have relatives in Trion, Summerville and La Fayette. Those places are a bit of a distance from where you are though (I clicked your www link and saw you're in Dacula). I visited there as a kid, and I loved growing up hearing my grandmother talk about growing up in Trion. There were lots of fun names like "Frogtown" and "Lookout Mountain" and the like. I also love my Georgia roots for making sure that I was raised to know the goodness that is cornbread and milk!

Welcome again! =D

Alexa
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

GADonny

#4 Post by GADonny »

Thanks alexa!

It's nice to meet you. I'm not sure where Trion is. N. GA. you say? I love th N. GA. mountains and try to get to them as much as I can.

stay in touch and thanks again for your reply.
Donny

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

It's west from where you are...not that far from Rome and close to the Tennessee border. :D

GADonny

#6 Post by GADonny »

Oh, ok, I know where you're talking about now. A little North and West. I've been to Rome a few times.

So what brought you to CA.? I have visited Ca. Before. I stayed in Riverside and spent some time at Havasu on the border... had a blast but I like there serenity of the deep woods and high altitudes of the mountains..lol. I'm a loner, what canI say :-)
Donny

alexa

#7 Post by alexa »

Actually, my grandparents moved from Georgia to California due to lack of jobs in hopes of my grandfather getting a good state job....which in time he did! I was born out here, but have been back to see relatives and grew up in the same house with my grandmother. She never quite lost the south in her, so outside it was San Francisco, and inside it was all Georgia. :wink:

Ah, Riverside. I've never been there, but I know where it is. I'm from Northern CA, and I don't get down to Southern CA (or SoCal as annoying people have termed it) too often. That part of CA is like another world. Sothern CA is hot, people surf and it is conservative. Northern CA is cooler, our beaches are known to have sharks lurking near by and is liberal. When you take that drive down I-5 South, you'd think you were crossing state lines! :lol:

Anyway, welcome once again!

Alexa

serendipity

#8 Post by serendipity »

Welcome to the club :) - sounds like your going to fit in great. Thats a great idea to make your "sentence time" a journey of self - improvement.
Good luck on getting buff and getting that colgate smile. :D

Keep us posted :)

Serendipity
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

CelestialVoices

#9 Post by CelestialVoices »

Welcome Donny, good luck on your braces journey :)

GADonny

#10 Post by GADonny »

Thanks to both of you.

This is a very exciting time in my life... kinda like a " do or die " as far as my health and attitude

Thanks for the kind words and support!
Donny