soon to be a brace face at age 36

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

brat 2

soon to be a brace face at age 36

#1 Post by brat 2 »

I have been wanting braces since I was a teenager and I am finally going to do it at age 36. I guess its better late than never.

I have been visiting this site as an unregistered user for about a month. This site is great and has answered many questions I have had. I have been in spacers for about a week and a half and I finally get my braces put on Tuesday, Nov. 8th :D :D :!: :!: . The dentists assistant said I am the first person she has ever had to wear spacers for 2 weeks, lucky me :? I have decided to get the gold tone braces, I was told they are less noticible than the silver.

I will post pics and how my first days in braces go in a few days.

serendipity

#2 Post by serendipity »

Welcome to the club. I was braced on the 4th November - yay on my way, you will find alot of support and encouragment on this site. If you have any questions feel free to post them - I have found everyone really helpful, trust me you'll have quite a few questions especially in the first couple days.

Good luck to you and welcome!

P.S - Make sure you have bought wax - your going to need it! :lol:

~serendipity~
"Welcome to wherever you are - this is your life, you've made it this far..."

In Braces for 15 months - Debanded Feb 07
Am I Enjoying It? "Hell Yes!"

brat 2

#3 Post by brat 2 »

I am so glad I have yalls support I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions when the braces go on. Thanks for the tip on the wax :D Where can I buy extra wax from, I don't have a clue :Questions:

summergirl

#4 Post by summergirl »

brat2 don't feel bad I am also in spacers for 2 weeks they come out tomorrow...then I get my brackets and some kind of wire it was a long two weeks full of pain.I don't get braces till January or February .GOOD LUCK ON TUESDAY....Also don't feel bad about age I am a just a few years older than you not by much though.....
:shock: :D

brat 2

#5 Post by brat 2 »

summergirl I'm glad to know someone else that had to wear spacers for 2 weeks. I didn't think they would be that bad, boy was I wrong :!: . Enjoy getting your spacers out tomorrow.

brat 2

#6 Post by brat 2 »

I got my top braces put on today, not sooo bad, except for the band on the bottom is rubbing a hole in my cheek :( . So wax is my new best friend. Getting them put on was not so bad, except for fitting the bands, it was uncomfortable. Trying to get used to eating is going to take a while, the braces feel like big chunks metal.

I was going to post some pictures, but I am having a hard time figuring it out. I will try to post some later.
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006

summergirl

#7 Post by summergirl »

and I thought spacers were bad 2 weeks of them ,well on monday they came out and in went the palate expander .I can't talk swallow or eat I am starving .It is so depressing ,braces can't be this bad if only I could talk ,I think I would feel much better... It is impossible to speak
Jan

brat 2

#8 Post by brat 2 »

summergirl I hope you start feeling better soon. How long do you have to wear the expander?

KK Thank you so much for reminding me about the warm salt water rinses, I had forgotten about that.
upper metal braces applied November 8th, 2005
lower metal braces applied February 23rd, 2006