New Metal-Mouth Mom

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BZMom

New Metal-Mouth Mom

#1 Post by BZMom »

Hello everyone,

I'm a 45 year-old mom, new to the braces scene; it's now been 48 hours! After several years of vascillating between getting braces or just learning to live with my overbite and crowded teeth, I finally took the plunge.

I have to go back in two weeks to have two more bands put on (one week with spacers for a couple of my teeth wasn't enough), then I'll be fully wired up. So far, Extra-Strength Tylenol has been my best friend. My husband has been very supportive, and my two daughters, who are braces-survivors themselves, have been great cheerleaders. But why am I craving all the foods I can't possibly eat right now---things like pizza and popcorn?

I know these things will become a part of me fairly soon, but all I can right now is that my mouth feels totally weird.

I love this Web site, by the way! I look forward to visiting it frequently.

BZMom

Dodger(UK)

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

[/img]ImageImage

Gracie

Congratulations !!!

#3 Post by Gracie »

Congratulations BZmom. I think it is wonderful that you took the plunge. I wish I would have done it at 45, but oh well, I am doing it at 49. Almost did it at 40, but got sidetracked. I have my tops on now for 5 weeks and get the bottoms on next week.......

Again, good for you!

jenstrom

all is "happy"

#4 Post by jenstrom »

Hi! I am another busy mother (of 3 boys). I've had full metal top and bottom since July and I am happy with the results already. The old saying "If mamma ain't happy no one is.." I already feel my confidence level boosting, have started going to the gym..."this mamma's happy!!" :lol:

Leslie

#5 Post by Leslie »

Hi BZmom & Welcome :-1 . I'm one step ahead of my kids with my braces- they get theirs soon. We're going thru it together! Look forward to hearing your progress :HugeGrin: .
Leslie
Ceramic & Metal since 9/14/04