16 year old - Male - Katy, Texas

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ledatru

16 year old - Male - Katy, Texas

#1 Post by Ledatru »

Just got my wisdom teeth removed and I signed up to ask a question. Pretty scared about getting dry socket - I don't want to get it.
Ledatru

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#2 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

What is dry socket ?
Braced Sept-27-05

alexa

#3 Post by alexa »

It's when you have a tooth extracted and the clot of blood/tissue that forms over the hole gets disloged prematurely. It can be extremely painful.

Don't worry too much about dry socket though...it's unlikely that you will get it. Just stay away from swishing water around in your mouth, using a straw or forming any kind of suction in your mouth (ie. no smoking...unless you're like me and caved after one day and simply placed guaze over the extraction sites when I smoked... :oops: ) for about a week.

Most likely, you'll be okay.
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

johnnys_angel

Re: 16 year old - Male - Katy, Texas

#4 Post by johnnys_angel »

Ledatru wrote:Just got my wisdom teeth removed and I signed up to ask a question. Pretty scared about getting dry socket - I don't want to get it.

Let us know how you're doing! I have my wisdom teeth removal date set for the 22nd and I am kind of freaked out about the whole situation :D Good luck!
Damon 2's top and bottom, BRACED 02/22/04 and REMOVED 08/29/05. Now in bonded retainers (top and bottom) :4 wisdom teeth surgically removed on 12/22/05:

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#5 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

I had 4 adult teeth pulled about year before
I got my braces and I didnt get that at all
Braced Sept-27-05

samantha_lou

#6 Post by samantha_lou »

Getting wisdom teeth extracted definitely has a far worse reputation that it deserves! I had all mine out a few years ago, three surgical, one that had erupted...I was actually back home that night, starved, malnourished and very hungry due to the general anaesthetic I had... and much to my parents amazement started scoffing spaghetti just a few hours after the surgery! :lol:

It was a little uncomfortable for a few days, but take regular painkillers and just plan a couple days to relax if you can...eating I think was the worst thing, no pain really, its just a little awkward for a few days. My husband actually has a consult in February to get his wisdoms pulled, and I know hes a little nervous. The thought of having the surgery isn't nice, but most people come through it with very little pain, its more mild discomfort for a few days at the most.