1 week till brace day

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Carolyn

1 week till brace day

#1 Post by Carolyn »

Hi, My name's Carolyn I'm 28 and live in York, England. I had two teeth out yesterday in preperation for my braces to be put on on 4th Nov. I very nearly chickened out, but now with two holes in my gums i'm committed and have been told I can expect to be in my braces for 2 years. Finding this website and reading everyones comments made me realise that i am definitely doing the right thing, so thank you very much. Its good to know I'm not alone, i don't know anyone who has had braces as an adult so the site has been a big help.
I think I'm most apprehensive about peoples reactions and at the moment 2 years feels like a very long time.

Smajmouth

#2 Post by Smajmouth »

Hi

Well, I am three days in and can only tell you that people

1) Don't notice

2) Don't care

Apart from a bit of tenderness inside my mouth ( for which the wax is a godsend ) the only down side is I have rediscovered a taste for chemically cup-a-soup :roll:

Dee

#3 Post by Dee »

Hi Carolyn, and welcome.
There seem to be quite a few brits on the board now. Your post made me feel homesick (I am origionally from a little town near York and did my nurse training at the York school of nursing)

Hope that all goes well for you.
Dee

Dodger(UK)

#4 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi Carolyn - your just across over t'pennines from thee. Glad you've finally made the committment to having straighter and better functioning teeth, it's good to have another brit on the board. :wink: :D

Carolyn

#5 Post by Carolyn »

Thanks for your messages. Got my braces this morning, so far so good.
My mouth feels very strange and my lower teeth are quite painful now, but they are no where near as bad as i was expected. In fact more than anything, i feel relieved that they are finally on and my countdown to a lovely smile has begun.

teeth_runner

#6 Post by teeth_runner »

Well you can start counting down. I have 2 weeksto go before I get mine. Will have to wear retainers at night all my life :(. All for beautiful teeth. Nervous about the pain and the results. I am such a baby !!!