Gays In Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ImFor24

#31 Post by ImFor24 »

I understand you wanting to hide them, but what I have found is... smile at people with yours and you'd be surprised at how many adults will smile back at you with theirs.
"Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!"

redjunebug

#32 Post by redjunebug »

that is SO true...i can't believe how many adults ive seen with braces since i got mine. i have no problem smiling and showing them off...right now i am sporting FABULOUS purple ligs!!
Value ALL Families.

raleighsmile

hey - gay guy here getting ready to be braced

#33 Post by raleighsmile »

hey! I'm a gay guy here getting ready to be braced. I have spacers in now and the braces are going on next Wednesday, December 14.

I'm getting ceramics on the top and metal on the bottom.

What am I in for guys? I have to say that I'm a little nervous.

ImFor24

#34 Post by ImFor24 »

Raleigh, besides a beautiful smile, you're in for a fun time when your man decides he wants to explore your braces with his tongue!

blaat

#35 Post by blaat »

mkay, correct me if i'm wrong, and DONT get this the wrong way... But why o why is there a difference between gay and straight people in braces?? And why is there a special topic about it?
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.

ImFor24

#36 Post by ImFor24 »

mkay, obviously you didn't read the first post. There's no difference between gays or straights when it comes to braces, just like there's no difference when it doesn't come to braces. Well, maybe there IS a difference, but we won't go in to that, not here anyways. I was simply wondering if any of my FAMILY was in metal, but you probably don't know what FAMILY means either.
Besides all of this, it has been a hot topic with 3845 views and 35 replies. Looks like second place to me.

blaat

#37 Post by blaat »

ImFor24 wrote: I was simply wondering if any of my FAMILY was in metal, but you probably don't know what FAMILY means either. .
Well excuse me for not understanding your code language, maybe you didn't noticed, but this msg board is for people from all over the world. So excuse ME for not having english as a mother tongue... And fyi i did read the first post

redjunebug

#38 Post by redjunebug »

Blaat, FAMILY is a "slang" term the the GBLT community uses to include their other GLBT friends. ie: "Is she FAMILY?" . We are not trying to single anyone out here. Its just another way to connect with other GLBT in braces from other parts of the country or globe for that matter. Its always nice to meet other gays with braces. Our community has a tendency to view some things a little differently and i know my experience has been that my community as been a little on the "vain" side. Its just cool to read about the experience of others without having to lay down the logistics (are you straight or gay? bla bla bla) everytime. In here, being gay is usually a given.
:wink:
Value ALL Families.

blaat

#39 Post by blaat »

Now that's what i call a constructive answer. Thanks for straighting that out for me. :)

redjunebug

#40 Post by redjunebug »

your welcome :D by the way, i saw that you were in the netherlands...ive heard that is a very gay-friendly place to visit.. i've always wanted to travel there.
Value ALL Families.

blaat

#41 Post by blaat »

I don't know much about the gay-scene here but people are very open minded here about sexuality, i'm straight myself so that explains the lack knowledge about this. Although i don't sense any hatred (or anything similar) against gay ppl in my own social environment.

If you want to visit the NL, i definitely recommend (along with 16 million other dutchies) staying in the Amsterdam area. I don't think Amsterdam really reflects the real NL because it has become one big circus, but it's still a beautiful city with LOADS of things to do. One of the main attractions are the red light district and visiting one of the 160 coffeeshops in Amsterdam :P haha

redjunebug

#42 Post by redjunebug »

The red light district...WOO HOO!!! :banana: (just kidding)
hey, i would fly all the way to amsterdam for a cup of coffee...but i'm not sure my other half would like that too much! ha ha ha
Value ALL Families.

blaat

#43 Post by blaat »

haha, but the coffee is really 'special' here! :P

ImFor24

#44 Post by ImFor24 »

GEEEEEEEE, do ya think you might could take this conversation elsewhere?

raleighsmile

gays in braces

#45 Post by raleighsmile »

I was really surprised that someone would question why there would be a topic about gays in braces.

I was actually excited to see this post. Gay men especially can be overly focused on physical appearance. I was interested in knowing if there were other gay people in braces and if they noticed anything different about how gay people reacted to them in braces.

I've had my braces on for about a week and so far, everyone has been about the same. Most people tell me they can't notice them. I was really worried about how my boyfriend would react, but he seems cool also. He says he doesn't even notice them when we kiss. The bad thing is I sure feel them!
12/14/05: Braces on - 6 metal bands, all metal brackets on bottom, ceramic on top.