Gays In Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

redjunebug

#46 Post by redjunebug »

The red light district...WOO HOO!!! :banana: (just kidding)
hey, i would fly all the way to amsterdam for a cup of coffee...but i'm not sure my other half would like that too much! ha ha ha
Value ALL Families.

blaat

#47 Post by blaat »

haha, but the coffee is really 'special' here! :P
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.

ImFor24

#48 Post by ImFor24 »

GEEEEEEEE, do ya think you might could take this conversation elsewhere?
"Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!"

raleighsmile

gays in braces

#49 Post by raleighsmile »

I was really surprised that someone would question why there would be a topic about gays in braces.

I was actually excited to see this post. Gay men especially can be overly focused on physical appearance. I was interested in knowing if there were other gay people in braces and if they noticed anything different about how gay people reacted to them in braces.

I've had my braces on for about a week and so far, everyone has been about the same. Most people tell me they can't notice them. I was really worried about how my boyfriend would react, but he seems cool also. He says he doesn't even notice them when we kiss. The bad thing is I sure feel them!
12/14/05: Braces on - 6 metal bands, all metal brackets on bottom, ceramic on top.

ImFor24

#50 Post by ImFor24 »

I love the way your pic(s) scroll, Raleigh! How did you do that? I moved up a wire yesterday on the bottom, and I am feeling it working. I'm not into pain as some people are, it's just that I tolerate it very well thank goodness. The reason for the discomfort is my bottome canines were practically lying sideways infront of all the otthers. I wore canine lacebacks for about 6 months just so that they could get an archwire in the bottom. The first one didn't move them a whole lot, but I wish I had a before photo of yesterday because in less than 24 hours they are almost in the correct place already.

raleighsmile

#51 Post by raleighsmile »

ImFor24 wrote:I love the way your pic(s) scroll, Raleigh! How did you do that?
Thanks! I did my picture as an animated gif. I created using a software tool I use a lot in web design called "Fireworks." There are other tools out there you can use to create animated gifs. Basically I took three photos and faded them in and out with each other. Fairly simple animation with 10 frames for each image.

Even though I now have my braces on, which I dreaded the most....Now I'm dreading the first time I go for them to adjust and tighten them. From your post, I can hear what I'm in for. I can't believe I'm doing this!
12/14/05: Braces on - 6 metal bands, all metal brackets on bottom, ceramic on top.

Destor

#52 Post by Destor »

I can kind of understand why the gay community might be harsher when it comes to looks, might be because (and this is probobly a prejudice, and an unfair one, although impossible to avoid) but it's general consensus that obscenely good looking/groomed guys are gay, so maybe that's resulted in higher standards? I don't envy you guys for that, it's hard enough dealing with women when you have braces on! :)
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

ImFor24

#53 Post by ImFor24 »

Lord, I've heard everything hard to deal with when it comes to a woman? Not that I know from experience. And, Ladies, I'm not trying to bash you so don't even start in on me or us for that matter!

Destor

#54 Post by Destor »

Everything, yeah that pretty much covers it :lol: , hehehe joking of course, couldn't live without 'em. They'll probobly say the same thing about us men being impossible too, minus the "but we can't live without them" because that would be a blatant lie.
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

redjunebug

#55 Post by redjunebug »

let me just say to you from experience...i've dated men..(a long long time ago) and women are SO much harder to deal with. my partner is "the boy" in our relationship...and yet it is STILL like having a husband and a wife at the same time... :roll:
Value ALL Families.

redjunebug

Just an FYI

#56 Post by redjunebug »

you should check out the "yay for the gay's" posts in the Off Topic section.
I think it would help to have some other gay opinions instead of just 2.
Value ALL Families.

bbsadmin

#57 Post by bbsadmin »

redjunebug wrote:let me just say to you from experience...i've dated men..(a long long time ago) and women are SO much harder to deal with.
LOL, we can't help our screwy hormones and our mood swings! We're not crazy about them, either!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

altinure

#58 Post by altinure »

oh, i never saw this thread.

yeah, i'm gay in braces; however, i'm only 20, so i guess it's not that uncommon for someone my age to be in braces.

danni4287

24/gwm/braces

#59 Post by danni4287 »

Hello everyone! I can't believe I just found this message board. I've been in braces for nearly 4 years now and I'm a few months away from getting them off. It's been a struggle, but I can not wait for the results.

Being gay and in braces hasn't really been a problem. Sure, my personal life has been hindered a little (if you know what I'm saying) but I've managed to get around it. Like, when I was wearing a palletal expander or when I was wearing a coil spring that went from my upper back molars to my lower front teeth. Sure, it was unsightly and embarassing, but I got used to it and learned how to deal with it. hehe Most of the time, when people figure out I'm wearing braces (I have the porcelain ones on top and metal on the bottom, when I smile you can only see my top teeth, anyway) they always make a comment about how cute it is to see an adult in braces. And, you know what? I agree!! It is cute!! hehehe :P

:?: I have a question. My ortho and my dentist each tell me my flossing habits (which, prior to braces was perfect) have become very bad and my gums are now inflamed. Since I've been in braces I've _hated_ flossing and found it to be a ridiculous task rather than something I thought was not so bothersome. How do you deal with it? Any secrets? Any advice? Anything you'd care to share?? I'd appreciate it. Like I said, I'm nearly done with my ortho treatment, but I would really like to stop hearing them tell me how bad my gums look.

Thanks!!
"A life lived in fear is a life have lived."
-- George Orwell

bbsadmin

#60 Post by bbsadmin »

There are two types of floss with "built in" threaders" which make flossing a bit easier than using the plastic needles. They are Glide Threader Floss and Thornton 3-in-1 Floss (which is also similar to SuperFloss).

You should floss your teeth at least at the end of every day. If you can't manage that, the minimum is a few times per week. You may also want to get an oral irrigator, like a waterpik type of device (there are also some called Showerpik which attach to your sink or your shower). These devices can help improve your oral hygiene.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!