I'm new!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toodamntall1

I'm new!

#1 Post by toodamntall1 »

Hi all! I'm introducing myself here. I have been visiting the site often over the past week.

Here's my story :)
I'm a 32 year old mom, the highlight of my days are my 2 1/2 year old daughter, Imani. She is the pure joy of my life. I have a cat named Mokie, she is just as important and rotten as ever :) hee hee.

Anyways, my teeth are very small and a few are crowded and twisted. They overall appearance from a distance is fine, but if you pay close attention at close range....ha! different story. My uppers come down over my lowers in front quite a bit too. Soooooooooooo needless to say, I've got myself situated to get braces come February 6th at 9:00.

February 3rd I go in for spacers...should I be scared? I've heard so many conflicting stories, I don't know what to believe.

What on GOD's green earth was I doing waiting until now to get braces?! Oh well, better later than never right?

I am VERY excited to be getting braces!!! I'm even excited about dropping a few pounds because my teeth will be too tender to eat...WAHOOY! I have chosen to go with metal on both upper and lower.

I found this website by browsing around on the internet for info on braces! I'm very pleased with the site and enjoy reading the stories and viewing the pictures too.

I hope to meet some great people who share the same teethy stories and fun fun funny humor!!!!

Krisha
Searching for service....
....can you hear me now?!?!

Michal

#2 Post by Michal »

Congrats on your decision to come to the braced side!

Don't worry, the spacers aren't that bad. They are a little uncomfortable at first, but you'll get used to them. My experience was, "You're gonna put those rubber spacers where?" after I saw them. I had to pop a few Motrin afterwards, but a couple of days after they were put in, they really didn't bother me. Now when you eat, it's gonna feel like you are packing a bunch of junk in between your teeth but you're not. You are just pushing on the spacers. Oh yeah, and your back teeth may not touch because the spacers will be in the way.

Oh by the way, I have two cats. A couple of 15 pounders that think they rule the roost. And it's true, they do.

Good luck and keep us posted!

3M Clarity up front, rest metal--20 Jan 2006
Debraced 20 Apr 2007, 15 months total in Braces

sydsmom

#3 Post by sydsmom »

Hello and Welcome, toodamntall1!!! :-) I'm sure you'll find this board to be very informative...and supportive, especially during those times that your treatment is a bit, erm, frustrating :wink:

Congratulations on deciding to get braced :-) I know for me, at 31, the *only* regret I've had so far is that I waited so long. Like you, I've been saying to myself "What was I thinking?!?!?"

My uppers come down over my lowers in front a lot too ("deep bite"). That's the most frustrating part for me right now -- my top teeth hit my bottom brackets so none of my other teeth touch and chewing (as I've previously known it) is pretty much impossible. But with all other aspects of getting braces, you just learn to cope and move on.

Remember when you get your spacers -- and your braces -- to take care of your mouth with saltwater rinses, plenty of wax, and don't be afraid to take painkillers if you need them. Good luck and keep us posted :D
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

toodamntall1

#4 Post by toodamntall1 »

sydsmom wrote:Hello and Welcome, toodamntall1!!! :-) I'm sure you'll find this board to be very informative...and supportive, especially during those times that your treatment is a bit, erm, frustrating :wink:

Congratulations on deciding to get braced :-) I know for me, at 31, the *only* regret I've had so far is that I waited so long. Like you, I've been saying to myself "What was I thinking?!?!?"

My uppers come down over my lowers in front a lot too ("deep bite"). That's the most frustrating part for me right now -- my top teeth hit my bottom brackets so none of my other teeth touch and chewing (as I've previously known it) is pretty much impossible. But with all other aspects of getting braces, you just learn to cope and move on.

Remember when you get your spacers -- and your braces -- to take care of your mouth with saltwater rinses, plenty of wax, and don't be afraid to take painkillers if you need them. Good luck and keep us posted :D
Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I was looking for some type of list of things to get before I go in and get braces. I have purchased a few things, like floss, tapered brush, toothpaste and a COACH wristlet...you know I had to have something stylish to put my goodies in..... :) Hey it was on sale, who could resist? Hee Hee. I am also looking for pictures to peek at too. I am so excited!

So my uppers cover two of my lowers pretty good, aren't you afraid that when you bite down that you will end up breaking off the brackets by biting into them? I was looking at my teeth today and I was wondering about that. Because if I bite down a little, my molars don't even touch. Learning how to eat again??? Boy isn't that the truth. Well overall, I am very excited. I will check back later for more posts and fun things to read. Happy Tuesday to all!
Searching for service....
....can you hear me now?!?!