Do I have the most crooked teeth ever?? [PHOTOS] - UK Newbie

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tanis Draven

Do I have the most crooked teeth ever?? [PHOTOS] - UK Newbie

#1 Post by Tanis Draven »

Hello,

I'm a 32 year old guy in the UK. I've had crooked teeth for ever. Its never really bothered me that much but then i was 30!

I suddenly wanted to get the old tombstones sorted out. Its taken me this ages to finally get the courage to go to an orthodontist and get things moving. I never really appreciated just how much it costs! £4200!

Still if it get me straight teeth then its worth every penny.

I had 4 teeth extracted on Dec 21 2005 and was looking forward to having the braces fitted but instead i've been told a have to wear a Upper Removable Appliance (URA) for 6 months 1st. Its really frustrating. I just want to get the braces on and get going. Not sure why i have to have the URA first.

Anyway here are some pics of my awful teeth at the moment. I guess i really reinforce the stereotype of us Brits having bad teeth!

Is there any hope for me??

Has anyone else got any pics of teeth that started off as bad as mine but ended up ok?

Thanks.

[/img]
Last edited by Tanis Draven on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shawnie

#2 Post by Shawnie »

Hi Tanis,

I agree with KK. I think you will notice a big change. Good luck to you. I'm sure they will turn out beautiful. Don't worry, if your Ortho wasn't able to fix your problems, then he wouldn't take on your case. My Ortho told me he, he has told people, that what they wanted could not be done and therefore wouldn't do their braces.
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

Way Too Old For This

#3 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Hi Tanis,
You have great teeth. You will be amazed at how fast they move. Be sure to keep taking pictures!

Good luck,
Pam
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

samantha_lou

#4 Post by samantha_lou »

Hey Tanis,

I think you actually have really gorgeous teeth, their shape and size are really nice - they just need a little help with alignment! I think you will have amazing results with your treatment, and I think its great that you've taken the plunge with an orthodontist. If you look at the journals and pictures on this site, I think you'll be encouraged further.

If you have questions, then definitely ask your ortho and have them eplain their treatment plan and philosophy to you. I'm not able to go straight into braces either, I'll be having pre-ortho treatment with an expander first and it will probably be around January 2008 before I finally get my braces. I know its difficult to wait when you just want to get it all sorted out, but the most gorgeous smiles take their time to develop!

Good luck! and welcome to the boards, stay in touch - you have a great story, and it will be great to see your progress!

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

I'm sure your teeth will look okay in the end...if there's hope for me, there's hope for you!

March 1, 2005:

January 9, 2006

I have a ways to go, but I've sure come a long way in a short amount of time, and I'm sure you will too! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

EdgeofFreedom

#6 Post by EdgeofFreedom »

Hey Tanis!

I think your otho will work marvels on those choppers! I have been looking at everyone's progress pictures on this site and it has really given me hope, so if you haven't done it, go have a look! There are some really amazing results!

Good luck!
Smiling is in!
---------------
Tine

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

Give a look at Dodger's story and see his "before" photos. I think it will give you some extra confidence!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

dena

#8 Post by dena »

Yea! Take a look at Alexa's teeth! I've never seen your before pics, Alexa. Thanks for sharing!

Tanis--I have been so shocked by the amazing and awesome results. I can't wait for the weeks to start passing by. Also, there is seriously nothing more amazing than the day you realize something has moved in your mouth. I've only had braces for about two weeks, but I've definitely got some movement going on...some of the crowded teeth are starting to pull apart and I can see spaces forming between the teeth. It's amazing!

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

CHOIRSPARKLE

#9 Post by CHOIRSPARKLE »

Ive seen much worse.
[/img]
Braces Put On:

Upper: June 2003
Lower: Oct. 2004

blaat

#10 Post by blaat »

i'm pretty sure your teeth will turn out very nicely. The shapes of the teeth are pretty nice so your teeth will get an very bright and consistent look. Don't worry...
Uppers: Permanent retainer + hawley (night)
Lowers: Permanent retainer

Debanded since the 16th of Jan.

ukcolin

expensive

#11 Post by ukcolin »

I agree with Lucyloop. Im getting some braces on friday this week and im getting treatment in Sutton coldfield for £1800 and thats ceramics!!

I would shop around!

braceface1230

#12 Post by braceface1230 »

Absolutely, you have hope to get your teeth looking straight. Like many others have commented, they have great shape and they look pretty cavity free so, it's just a matter of getting them lined up properly.

As far as, if yours are the most crooked ever? I wouldn't say that. I felt exactly the same about mine (for good reason), but mine probably aren't even the worst I've seen, but they're pretty bad. You can see for yourself. My progress pics are in the "Our Braces Stories" section.

That 6 month wait with the upper appliance would've driven me nuts. Hopefully the ortho pulls you out of that situation early and gets your teeth into something more UNcomfortable. As weird as that sounds, I'm sure that's exactly what you'd rather have. We'll keep our fingers crossed for ya. Good luck!

bracesmom

#13 Post by bracesmom »

If you can deal with some discomfort of braces after each tightening (lasts a few days) I think you'll be fine. I am SURE your smile will turn out beautiful when all is said and done!

I too have to have a palatal expander. I have the slow one though and have it in WITH my braces. I have the constant pulling but no daily tightening of the expander. You get used to it.

I am so glad to find so many grown-ups here with braces!

Mel-UK

#14 Post by Mel-UK »

Hi Tanis,

Welcome... I'm with Lucy it's great to have another UK member. Soon there'll be loads of us out there!

If you have a look at some of the stories here, where people have posted pictures, you'll see how quickly teeth seem to move... and they all seem to get fantastic results - very inspiring.

Keep us posted, good luck Mel
Damon3 upper & lowers
plus bite turbos on upper front teeth and one elastic closing a gap on front lower teeth and one closing a gap on upper front teeth. Elastics on hooks both sides.