A month till Braces!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MarkupNorth

A month till Braces!

#1 Post by MarkupNorth »

Hi everyone.

I'm 25 and am finally going down the route of losing my fangs! Have an appointment booked to have two upper teeth removed to make way to straighten up my 'uppers" and push my fangs in. I'm in the week after having the teeth removed to have something put in to stop my other teeth filling in the gaps so I guess the brace should be fitted not long after.

I've hated them for years and have always felt that my upper teeth look like the creature out of alien! sort of square with horrible fangs. They're not grotesque, but it will be nice to have the confidence to smile, and not worrying how my teeth will look on a photograph!

Anyway, I'll find a way of putting up pictures from start to finish so you can see the results.

Looking forward to joining the club ;o)

Mark

Dodger(UK)

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Welcome to the Metal Mouth Forum, Mark :D

I too suffered many, many years of feeling like my teeth were horrible, crooked, crowded and not in the least bit attractive, this also had an adverse effect on my not wanting to smile openly, and running away from any camera with a flash! :shock:

It'll be well worth having braces, though, cause I'm smiling more freely and expressively now, sometimes too much. :lol:

teeth_runner

#3 Post by teeth_runner »

Mark,

how long do you have your braces for? Is your gap gone? I have a gap as well a few millimeters, the thicknes of a bank card/credit card (getting braces on Nov 17). Will you need retainers afterwards?

MarkupNorth

#4 Post by MarkupNorth »

Apparantly I'm looking at 18 months. Getting closer now.

Also to make it clear. I'm also an Englander, about 8 miles from Dodger in Rochdale. It hadn't occured to me how vast the userbase was when I came up with the tag `markupnorth`. What I meant was north of the UK! :D

#5 Post by Guest »

Welcome Mark, I too am fairly new. Will be getting braces in December. This is a great site. The message board is very helpful for notes on different things and the people are great for encouragement. :)

Dodger(UK)

#6 Post by Dodger(UK) »

MarkupNorth wrote:Also to make it clear. I'm also an Englander, about 8 miles from Dodger in Rochdale. It hadn't occured to me how vast the userbase was when I came up with the tag `markupnorth`. What I meant was north of the UK! :D
Closer!!! - probably 2 miles!! :wink: I put Gtr Manchester in my location, because I never thought that someone on such an international forum could live so close to me, to be aware of the individual boroughs of Greater Manchester. Truth be known, I could get the 409 up to your area, and be there in 20mins :o :wink: :lol: