Hi everybody

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Diggit2001

Hi everybody

#1 Post by Diggit2001 »

Hello there. I stumbled upon this website last night while googling various braces search terms and it has already been a great resource. I actually just got back from having my braces put on about a half hour ago and I can already tell that this is going to be an "interesting" 15 months. I have no idea how in the heck I’m gonna ever eat normally in these things. I had two teeth pulled out a couple of days ago so I've already been eating nothing but pudding, yogurt and ice cream. Hopefully I'll be able to have a nice steak (my favorite food) in a few days.

Anyway, it’s great to know that a website/community like this is out here. I'm sure I'll be hanging around quite a bit.

See you all around!

strugglebuggy

#2 Post by strugglebuggy »

Welcome! :-1

I found this site the exacet same way you did. I came home from getting them on, with that gross taste of sour lemon and cement in my mouth, and I googled the term "leveling wire" and somehow I found this place. :) It's the best, and the people here are so helpful. :)

I'm about a year into a 2 year term in braces and this site has helped me tens of times by now.

Diggit2001

#3 Post by Diggit2001 »

Holy cow, Karen! You aren't kidding about it taking a while to figure out the best way to bite and chew. One of the reasons I needed braces to begin with was because of problems with the top right side of my mouth. I had a baby tooth still in there and it was just a mess. Because of that mess, I always just chewed with the left side of my mouth. Well, because of the big hole left by the extractions, the right side of my mouth is still not capable of chewing anything but now that I have the braces on, I don't feel like I'm ready to chew anything yet at all. My molars don't meet anymore so chewing is a bit of a mystery to me at the moment. I am still eating nothing but pudding, yogurt and ice cream and boy am I hungry. I have been looking around the site today for more ideas of what to eat and I think I may head to the store a little later. My wife is making chicken soup right now so I guess I'll be giving that a shot in a few minutes.

I can deal with pain, but not being able to eat normally is going to drive me mad.

I wonder what a full 3 course delicious meal pureed in a blender would taste like? Ha ha ha. :D