expander

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

summergirl

expander

#1 Post by summergirl »

Hi candygrrll you are not alone trust me .I have the very same problem as you ,I have had the expander in for months already too me honest with you it STINKS,but the end is near soon I hope .It works on adults they just have to go very slow ,you will see a huge difference in your mouth in about three months things feeel sooo much better. After the expander they say the braces are a piece of cake.Spacers were not too much of a problem .I am getting braces soon so I will let you know.Do not hesitate to ask ??? thats what we are all here for .It seems like alll of a sudden alot of people are getttig expanders or a least talking about it more .

Good Luck

candygrrrl

#2 Post by candygrrrl »

Aw gee, I am NOT looking forward to that expander! Don't know exactly what to expect – lisping? more soft foods? more pain? – but I know whatever it is, it can't be fun!

Plus, I'm going on vacation twice in the next couple months – once in April, once beginning June – so I'm sure having the expander is going to be such a joy in those cases. Unless, of course, it doesn't work to help my bite and it comes out in a few weeks and I've got to do SARPE at some given date in the future. :(

Oh, and then I have to somehow fit in the wisdom tooth extraction to not coincide with my either my work or my trips. Wonder how long it takes to recover from that? My oral surgeon did say, however, on a scale of one to ten with ten being the most difficult to extract, mine are a two. 'bout the only good news I've had in a while. :)

bracesmom

#3 Post by bracesmom »

Gee, they put in my expander on with my braces at the same time. I am hearing many here that have a turn key rapid expander but I have one that looks like the quad helix. It has a spring on the left side in my mouth. I mostly got canker sores from it. I thought I'd never talk normal again--BUT I DID--at least people say I do to make me feel good :wink: . I'm getting progress from everything in my mouth. My expander is causing one of my molars to buck out though :? . My bit hasn't felt the same since before braces. It's really not too bad though.

Best to you.