New

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Srh

New

#1 Post by Srh »

Hi, Im Sarah - 21 years old and braced only 5 hours ago. Just thought I would drop a quick hello before exploring the site and getting used to life with my new braces!

belmikry

#2 Post by belmikry »

hello and welcome Srh to this fantastic forum! :) glad to have you aboard@ :)

I'm 21 to0, hope to hear a ton of progress from you! if you have any questions, let us know- this is a great forum-

first week is the hardest, remember: alot of water, warm salt water rinses and bedrest- I promise it will get better! ;)
and here's looking forward to some pictures! :D
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

Welcome to the board and congrats on getting braces!!

First few days are the worse but you will soon get used to it :)

I agree with what was said, rinse with salt water and use your wax. My orthodontist gave me a little lecture this past monday about using wax or coming to see him to get it cut at the end and how it was completely unnecessary for me to put up with the pain of having the inside of my cheeks all cut up...so use it ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Srh

#4 Post by Srh »

Thanks for the wonderful warm welcome guys. The salt water and wax advice was drummed into to me not only by my orthodontist but also his two assistants. I’m sure that I will be needing them both today!

Its 7am (Saturday) here in Australia and I have been tossing and turning since 2am (at least). I have an icepack on my jaw – which I don’t even remember feeling so bad when I had my wisdom teeth out – and the glands in my neck are swollen right up and sore to the touch. And, to top it off, I am going to be finding it difficult to eat due to my back teeth not ‘biting’ together properly due to the braces in the front stopping movement.

Sadly I still am feeling rather positive… over the pain and discomfort but know its all for the best. Just didn’t realise it would affect eating so much!

That’s for reading my rant :oops:

Sarah :soremouth:

Srh

#5 Post by Srh »

The glands are related to having two teeth extracted last week, which just generally gets bunched in with the woes of braces.

I cant work out why I didnt bother to find out before that I wouldnt be able to eat my favourite foods. I am very much over soups and smoothies already. Alas not being able to put pressure on any tooth - much less attempt to chew - Im not left with many options. :roll:

Oh and Im in Tasmania - little island state at the bottom