A Coward in Colorado

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Geri

#1 Post by Geri »

Welcome Robyn! Glad you found this board - it's been a great help to me as I'm sure it will be for you. Being anxious before braces is totally normal - it's a huge deal for the one getting them and no big deal at all to anyone else (so it seems). Be extra kind to yourself in the next few days while you adjust....it will only get easier and, for any unexpected bumps along the road, or for sharing, or celebrating you have this board! Good luck! :D
Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
Upper ceramics: 3 Oct 2005, Lower metals: 1 Nov 2005
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces remove: April 4, 2007!

blueberry

#2 Post by blueberry »

Hey there Robyn Dont Chicken Out!!!! i did at first but my vanity got the better of me ;) always take the opportunity to better yourself, so many people on here say they regret not doing this sooner age doesnt matter in this game;) im not braced yet either but i am so excited, after finding this amazing place im itching to get the metal on, have "spongey" teeth and be taking millions of pictures trying to see the change in the first week!
Good luck with your choice i hope you go for it, you really will get lots of support here these guys are great! i should be chickenberry too lol im NOT looking forward to my extractions ONE BIT!

would you give us a bit more detail about why your considering braces> an over bite or cross bite or general tidy up? Keep us updated with your appts.

great to have a new member!
Blueberryx

blueberry

#3 Post by blueberry »

wow they sure had you all over!! and they still havent really pin-pointed the cause of the pain! thanks for elaborating and i definately think you should go for it, it doesnt matter what people think its all about you, so if this is going to improve your bite AND help stop the pain/discomfort you've had for years i think its obvious wht the better choice is....dont be a sesame lol
good luck and i hope today went well for you,and its only for about 2 years as you said im sure you know that two years just fly by! tell us how it went today!
Bluex

helene1112

welcome robyn

#4 Post by helene1112 »

I am a new member myself and will be getting the wire on my tops on Monday. This place is a great way to vent your anxiety and realize you are not alone - although at first you feel like you are the only one at your age wearing braces.
I am 54 years young...working, and living it up. I have had nothing but positive experiences in the past three weeks. (except for the lisping where they keep asking me to do tongue twisters)
We can do it together with the help of all the wonderful people who have given me support on this site...
Good Luck
Helene

Flora2006

#5 Post by Flora2006 »

rage31 - You've had a lot going for you...all these appointments...

As a dental phobic and any other medical health stuff phobic...things will get better. I am still trying to get over the fact that I actually went to see my dentist and allowed to have restoration done...and than that i actually went to the ortho...

Don't let all of this overwhelme you and just remember the end result will be amazing. Keep us updated and good luck with this whole ordeal. :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

OBG

#6 Post by OBG »

you would think that someone would come up with an easier way to begin the orthodontic journey than spacers, but unfortunately the price of a beautiful smile comes with the ache of those annoying little rubber spacers. I have gone through the process dos times and other than powerchains, elastics and headgear, the spacers were the worst. (just kidding!)

Don't fret, the pain will subside but you will still be glad when you exchange the spacers for bands.

Good luck and welcome to the club. We will enjoy reading your posts and help you through the process if needed.