HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

x3trinity

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

#1 Post by x3trinity »

It has been 4 days since I got my braces and so far it has not been good. My mouth hurts....BAD! :cry: THe brackets scratch up against the inside of the mouth and lips and I constantly have to put wax EVERYWERE, I think I have wax on every single brace in my mouth.....CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN THE PAIN WILL STOP???? :(

I have even considered calling my ortho back and asking him if there is something wrong with them. I have even ran out of wax and it has only been 4 DAYS! HELP PLEASE!!!!

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

afrederick

#2 Post by afrederick »

It's totally normal. I've just had mine for about a month and yeah, my lips and inside my cheeks did hurt a lot at first. It's really best to try to deal as much as possible with the discomfort because once the inside of your mouth gets used to it, it won't hurt anymore but the more wax you use, it won't get used to it. It kind of has to "callous" up before you're totally used to it. It's hard, I know but otherwise, you'll never get used to it. Warm water with salt works well for the sores and if you use orajel, you may not feel as much. Ibuprofen was definitely my best friend for the first few weeks of having my braces on.
Pain is inevitable; misery is optional.

x3trinity

#3 Post by x3trinity »

Thanks a lot for the advice Afrederick! :-1 It will be hard but I will try not to use as much wax, and the thought of having sores in my mouth.....OMG is that true??? :soremouth:

bracesmom

#4 Post by bracesmom »

I does get better!

When I was first braced, it took about a week and a half for my gums and cheeks to toughen.

afrederick

#5 Post by afrederick »

I had about three or four canker sores in my mouth the first two weeks of having my braces on. I just brushed a lot and did a lot of the warm water with salt. Oh and Campho Phenique is a great sore product. It says external use only but a little dab (as bitter as the taste is) dries it up quickly and for me kinda numbs the area too.
Pain is inevitable; misery is optional.

x3trinity

#6 Post by x3trinity »

Thanks again you guys for the advice and info. :D

I took the plunge and decided to take the wax off, and oooohhhh the pain was so BAD, :cry: but I toughed it out as much as I could. Now today it feels so much better!!!! I am glad you guys told me to do it, I think my gums and cheeks are getting used to my braces a little bit more now.

But I have to go back to my ortho to get a bracket clipped it is sticking me in my cheek in the back of my mouth, and it really, really, really hurts.

(But have no fear b/c I have a VERY BIG GLOB OF WAX BACK THERE, HAHAHAHAHA) :lol:

It hurts, but it does mean that my teeth are moving so that is good.

MsTiaLia

#7 Post by MsTiaLia »

Yeah, I went through a lot of wax the first couple of weeks, then I weened myself off of it so that my mouth would get used to the braces. It didn't take very long at all! But if you decide to keep using wax for a long time, try the grape and cherry flavored wax on jawproducts.com Might as well have fun with it :D Obviously, this is VERY common b/c my local Walmart never has more than 2 packs of wax when I go in there. At least I'm not the only one walking around this neighborhood with a mouth full of wax...lol

Get better soon!

x3trinity

#8 Post by x3trinity »

Thanks everyone for all the advice and encouragement. It has been a full week since my braces were put on and now I think the sorness is gone! My mouth has finally gotten used to the braces. I can even eat again now, so I am very happy. :tingrin:

Flora2006

#9 Post by Flora2006 »

I am very glad things are getting better for you :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006