count down in hours

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

psych1985

count down in hours

#1 Post by psych1985 »

It's 10:15 at night and tomorrow at 1:15 I get braced. I think just uppers first. I can't wait to get these darned spacers out. I hope they band the lowers even if they don't put the brackets on there. I don't know if I can take spacers again.

Excited and a little nervous. Thanks to all of you for posting, it really helps to know what others have gone through to keep the nerves down. I'll let you know how it goes.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#2 Post by nahky »

Goodluck psych1985 and i hope everything goes smoothly during your braces installing.

You've started your bracial journey! Congrats :lol: :) :D

Its only uphill from here
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

SHORTIN1

#3 Post by SHORTIN1 »

I'm not sure what time zone Missouri is in but by Pennsylvania time you're almost there! Good Luck and I hope it goes well. I go for my spacers on May 2. Less than 3 weeks. Yeh!
SHARI

psych1985

Their on

#4 Post by psych1985 »

I won't say that the process was fun but it was painless. Maybe I just keep my mouth running usually so it wasn't so different.

They told me they were going to put on the tops only when we did the treatment plan but yesterday they went wild and put them all on. I'm kind of glad except, they had to put what they call towers on my lower molars to keep me from biting off the bottom brackets. My top teeth sit directly over my bottom teeth in front. Impossible to chew. Hello SlimFast and V8. Oh yeah, the new lisp is really annoying. I don't know if everyone lisps at first. Does this happen to everyone or is it just the towers?

Everyone was right. So far I think the spacers were worse. I chose the Damon's and I am already seeing some movement. I hope it continues to move this fast but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

psych1985

Their on

#5 Post by psych1985 »

I won't say that the process was fun but it was painless. Maybe I just keep my mouth running usually so it wasn't so different.

They told me they were going to put on the tops only when we did the treatment plan but yesterday they went wild and put them all on. I'm kind of glad except, they had to put what they call towers on my lower molars to keep me from biting off the bottom brackets. My top teeth sit directly over my bottom teeth in front. Impossible to chew. Hello SlimFast and V8. Oh yeah, the new lisp is really annoying. I don't know if everyone lisps at first. Does this happen to everyone or is it just the towers?

Everyone was right. So far I think the spacers were worse. I chose the Damon's and I am already seeing some movement. I hope it continues to move this fast but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

psych1985

good luck

#6 Post by psych1985 »

Hey rage. tomorrow is your big day. I hope all goes smooth. Everyone has given good advice on this board.

The braces feel like they sit pretty far off your teeth but it's really not bad. I have heard a lot of people say it wasn't really noticed but that hasn't been my experience. Everyone has noticed and has been positive about it. It has been fun so far.

Hey don't forget to check for stickers before you leave the otho's office. Good luck. Smile big and proud.