kind of new

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Trixxcuit

kind of new

#1 Post by Trixxcuit »

I posted questions before I even introduced myself, didn't even scroll down to see anything else. So I figure I should properly introduce myself.

So far my experience with braces has been the following:
Well summer 04 I got all the x-rays and information.
From about November 04 - February 05 at various different times getting a top and bottom retainers(that could be taken out) then having my bottom retainer replaced with a wire. During this time they forgot to tell me to stop turning my bottom retainer and so my teeth got all spread out and gappy, but after having it out for a week or two they got back together.
Late February got braces on my top teeth.
Recently (August) I got my top retainer replaced with a rick-a-nator (which appears not to be so popular due to limited online information which makes me a little bit worried) cemented into my mouth. Also got brackets on four of my bottom teeth and the joy of wearing elastics. I thought the retainers were bad until now.

I haven't had much happen but oh well. This process suppose to take 2 and a half years. So I'm going to be here awhile. :wink:

And I just want to note that from the posts I've seen so far, everyone seems so inviting, helpful and really nice!

**shinyhappybraceface**

#2 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Welcome!

I'm also a newbie to this board and am getting braced in just a few weeks. I've found everyone to be extremely helpful and friendly here, as well.

Good luck to you! :D
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

icantsmilewithoutu

#3 Post by icantsmilewithoutu »

Hi there! I'm new here too and this is my 2nd post.. haha!
Have fun with your braces although I can't say so for myself. :lol: :?

bracefacesteve

#4 Post by bracefacesteve »

i also have a rick-a-nator and I'm wondering did it make u get a lisp like it did me? I also have full brackets and rubberbands. (not fun)

psych1985

Pretty new myself

#5 Post by psych1985 »

Braces went on yesterday. Full top and bottom. I've never heard of a rick-a-nator but they put towers on 2 lower molars to keep me from biting off the bottom brackets. I feel your pain with the lisp. As one who has always had good speech, this is going to be fun.

I was expecting more more soreness but I guess is hasn't been 24 hours yet. Can already see some movement.

Good luck.