two timers club

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nerdcore

two timers club

#1 Post by nerdcore »

Since I got my spacers put in a couple of days ago, I feel like it's time to come out of lurker-mode and introduce myself.

I had braces in high school, but by the time I graduated college, I had a "severe relapse." I've been wanting to get my teeth fixed for quite some time, as I feel my teeth are getting worse as I get older. I'm 25 with a stable job now and I've miraculously saved enough for the treatment. Unfortunately, my dental benefits don't cover adult orthodontics, so everything is out of pocket.

Anyway, I researched different options (veneers, implants, etc) but decided to go the old school way and go for braces again. I started looking for an orthodontist in the area in January, asking around for recommendations from coworkers, going in for consults, all the good stuff. I went with the 2nd ortho I saw in March-- the decision was based mostly on the cost of the treatment. So now, two months later, I've got 8 spacers in my mouth and in two weeks I'll be fully rebraced.

I'm glad I found this place. It's nice to see such a great group of supportive people online who truly understand what each other is going through.