Braced 5/18/06....

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

smile4me

Braced 5/18/06....

#1 Post by smile4me »

I finally took the plunge yesterday. Im 25 and have some great insurance, so I figured now or never!!! :D After months of preparing and getting all my dental needs attended to, I got braced. It took about two hours to get everything done. It didnt hurt, which I was worried about, after reading all the posts on this site. I have been an silent observer on this site for a while just kind of getting my bearings on what to expect. I have to admit, it hurt when i woke up today, but luckily i had some painkillers handy. I dont want to think about eating lunch this afternoon, breakfast was hard enough. Its very weird. I feel like I am learning how to talk again. Saying anything with an "s" comes out sounding real crazy, but I know i will adapt. I got ceramics on the top (regular on bottom), they dont look too bad. My dentist gave me clear lig's before i had a chance to tell him I didnt want them (i hope they dont stain too quick). Oh well, I will just have to be careful, its not like food is much fun to eat right now anyway. Well, thats it for now. Ill be posting soon!!!!

MuleNag

#2 Post by MuleNag »

Congrats on getting braced! I'm 25 as well and just got braced one week before you! I only have brackets on my eye teeth and the 2 teeth behind that. It's been quite an adjustment, but I know it will be all worth it in the end!
4 teeth extracted~4/27/06
Braced~5/11/06
Lowers off!~11/13/07
Bottoms off!!!!!!~07/15/08
My story~ http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11249

michelle85

#3 Post by michelle85 »

You got braced three days after I did! And, yes, making an "s" sound takes some getting used to. At first it sounded like I had a lisp :lol:.

Eating real food for the first time was very strange. It was almost like my molars didn't meet correctly anymore!

I'm on day four and my teeth are beginning to feel all wiggly. I've heard this is just my teeth moving so I guess it's a good sign. The best part is that my teeth hardly hurt anymore and my cheeks/lips/tongue are beginning to heal so I haven't needed wax. Warm salt water rinses are a must.

smile4me

michelle85

#4 Post by smile4me »

I will most def. do the salt water rinse thing. Whatever makes this easier, im up for. Ill be reading up on all the great tips on here.

ashahid

Not so far ahead of you!

#5 Post by ashahid »

I was braced on 5/10- and I can tell the mouth really does toughen up in about a week. Salt water rinses are key. Lately I can feel the brackets (the back are especially sharp) dig into my cheek, but no pain. It's kind of weird, but I'm not complaining!

Hang in there.....

smile4me

#6 Post by smile4me »

Day two, Yesterday sucked, today was a litte worse. I know the reason I have having so many pain issues is because of all the dental work Ive had done to get ready for the braces. I even had dental work done the day before my braces even went on, so my teeth have been senstitive for a while, this just adds to it. Okay, Im done whining :D !!

I cant wait to see the end result. This will be very much worth it in the end. I will be posting pics soon.....

Willz

#7 Post by Willz »

Hey! I got mine on last week too. I know what you mean when you say its very weird learning how to talk again. I'm having problems with 'th' sounds lol. Sounds hilarious. Keep the salt water up, its helped me. Know what you mean about having dental work b4 the braces went on, sucks huh. :(