Taking the plunge

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Gottaplaygamz

Taking the plunge

#1 Post by Gottaplaygamz »

Hello all,
:HugeGrin: I am finally getting braces after debating about it for many years.
I have an overbite that has been bothering me for as long as I can remember. At 43 this is a big deal. I have put 2 children through braces and now it is my turn.
I think this forum is great and have learned alot from everyone. The big day is June 16th.

I'll keep you updated.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

You and me both. It only took me 35 years to get around to it. You can't imagine how way out of my comfort zone this is.

Good luck for June 16th.

Gottaplaygamz

#3 Post by Gottaplaygamz »

Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I will update on the big day!
:D

moonchick

#4 Post by moonchick »

Hi! I just got my braces too... this past Saturday to be exact. It's nice to know that this forum exists and there are so many people out there offering advice on how to deal with them! :D

Gottaplaygamz

#5 Post by Gottaplaygamz »

Got my separators today. 4 on top 4 on the bottom. I am a little uncomforatable but not unbearable. At least not yet :lol: .
The assistant broke 2 while trying to get them in yikes! :crazy:
Got my impressions and x-rays also which went very quickly. All in all only took about 30 minutes for everything. I asked which brackets they would be using and was told I had my choice of ceramic or metal. The assistant recomended the metal only because she had the ceramic and was sorry after she did not get metal. She said the ceramics are more bulkyand did not like the discoloration of the ligs after a few days.
I'm sure everyone has their own opinion anyway but I think I will go for the metal. Well one more week till getting braced. I will keep updating and thanks for all the great support and comments!
:-1