Hi everyone

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

Hi everyone

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

Just dropping a quick line to say Hi to everyone,i an 43 and am about to take the plunge and get braces.I have been reading posts every day for about a year now but as my time is getting nearer,I thought it was time to finally register and join you guys and gals in ortho land,will remain an active member now as it does not feel so scary as I am not the only adult with braces.Totally fed up with N.H.S,been messed around long enough,going private,got consultation on Monday(12th)will go into a bit more detail when I get some info,this is a great site,and everyone seems really supportive of each other,good work guys,good luck :)

flesh-was-sweet

#2 Post by flesh-was-sweet »

Aah hello again!

Thanks for your message, i'm glad i'm not the only one left in the dark by the NHS!

Good luck for tomorrow :)

JennThompson79

#3 Post by JennThompson79 »

Hi, and welcome. I also just joined today. I got my spacers in today. GL with your consult and let us know how it goes.

Jenn

M1k3y

#4 Post by M1k3y »

Never too late to achieve a beautiful smile. :D
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

jzaboo

#5 Post by jzaboo »

I'm 49, so you're just a puppy! I may just be getting them so my obit picture will look good, but that's ok. I always hated my smile, went to a few consults over the years, even had molds done twice, but I always had something come up (lost job, etc.) that kept me from going through with it. I got them on Thursday-so far, no real pain at all (but I don't have the bands on my back teeth yet). Everyone asks me why I did it, my teeth aren't all that crooked. I got tired of the "my bite is off, I get headaches, didn't like my smile", etc. So after the fourth time, I said I did it because it was the only thing between me and perfection. :lol: