No Turning Back!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Puchi

No Turning Back!

#1 Post by Puchi »

Hi everyone! A quick message to introduce myself to The Bracket Club!
I'm 24 and i come from Malta, a "rock" situated in the middle of the Mediterranean sea... for those who dont know where it is! :?
I decided to get braces to correct my lower front teeth crowding and top front tooth overlap. I've already had 8 spacers in for a week... removed those and had 4 metal rings put in (i feel like a fish)... ive extracted 2 right premolars and in 2 days time i'm getting another 2 left premolars extracted! I must admit it was hard deciding to get braces done after my ortho told me i needed to extract 4 healthy happy teeth to make space for corrections.... now im in the middle of the extraction process and i really feel i cant turn back! But thanx to your stories on this message board, i feel very encouraged! Today week im getting my braces put on....

Danny

#2 Post by Danny »

Hi,

Welcome to "the place". I know exactly what you mean, went throught the same thing. Now with four huge gaps I have no choice but to continue!!

Always think positive and you'll make it through.

Take care!
BE HAPPY!

Danny

Puchi

#3 Post by Puchi »

Hey Danny, thanx for support, good to know im not the only one! My prob is eating! Currently im eating on one side of my mouth (the opposite side of extractions) cos i cant stand the idea of food passing thru the gaps yet ....but after wednesday and my 2nd set of exractions i think im going to have to get hold of some straws! liquid food ... liquid food... liquid food... need to brainwash myself and stop thinking of anything BUT liquid food!

Danny

#4 Post by Danny »

HOLD IT :!: :!:

i think im going to have to get hold of some straws!
Straws are a no no after extractions!! Sucking on straws can cause the clots in your sockets to come loose and you will start bleeding again.

One other problem I had was not eating and drinking enough. I almost got dehydrated, so just be sure you take a multivitamin or something with some nutritional value. Smoothies with protein added are great, but use a spoon!!

Just a little helpful info.
BE HAPPY!

Danny

Puchi

#5 Post by Puchi »

:shock: !!Danny thank god you told me that!! :shock: Ok so its bye bye to straws and hello spoons! I will definately have a HUGE breakfast before my extractions tomorrow and when i feel ok i'll attempt my food mission impossible! Just pray i realise when to tell the dentist my anaesthetic has worked, cos the last time (since i had never had anaesthetic) i had no idea how numb my mouth had to get! So yes, he extracted my lower premolar and felt PAIN! Learnt my lesson though! Thanx Danny for your tip.... they are always welcome to someone new like me! :)

Puchi

#6 Post by Puchi »

OK now im feeling brave! I managed to eat solid food.... it took me 10 times as long but i managed... was starved... my first meal was soup but then i couldnt resist roast chicken... so i ate it ... chopped it in tiny pieces... what a pig! :oops: [/img]

joplin

#7 Post by joplin »

What a nice smile you have, Puchi! Welcome aboard and smooth sailing from now on - having those extractions done you're over the worst part already, as I see it :)
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

Puchi

#8 Post by Puchi »

Thanx Joplin i hope all will be well.... 18 months to go starting from monday!
--- In SeArCh Of PeRfEcT tEeTh ---