hello

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hepcat

hello

#1 Post by hepcat »

hi everyone!
Last edited by hepcat on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

#2 Post by Guest »

Hi purr_miaou, Welcome to MetalMouth. I have found the site to be quite informative and very encouraging. Good luck. I will have been in braces two weeks this Wednesday. :D

Puchi

#3 Post by Puchi »

Sorry to intrude but great to hear im not going to be the only "brace fresh" person on this site after i put on my braces next week... we're sort of gonna be doing our ortho process together :D relieffffffff

hepcat

#4 Post by hepcat »

Hi Puchi!
Last edited by hepcat on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

hepcat

#5 Post by hepcat »

Good luck to you too :)
Last edited by hepcat on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

#6 Post by Guest »

Puchi and Purr_Miaow, you will find most people on this site are in braces, some are through and into retainers and some are like I was at the beginning - trying to learn everything I could before they got put on. Everyone has been really encouraging and helpful. Yes, we are all getting on the braces bandwagon about the same time. I was quoted 12 to 14 months, so I will most likely be out of them before either of you. Good Luck :pinkbraces:

Fairy Queen

#7 Post by Fairy Queen »

Hi folks!

I too will be in vraces by Christmas - 22nd December in fact (ouch!)

It's good to know that we're all up to our necks in this together!

The Fairy Queen

Clo

#8 Post by Clo »

Hahaha,
Puchi and Purr_Miaow
If you combine those names, you get Puchi_miaow.
Kids say this in our country to little cats.
"come ... come ... puchi_miaow" !

LOL, and great you found the way to this site ...
Welcome kittens !

Puchi

#9 Post by Puchi »

haha LOL Clo!! The nicknames together do sound funny! :lol:
Fairy Queen i was meant to get my braces on between christams and new year, but i begged my ortho to squeeze me in before, so my process officially started the 15th November! Ive been told it should take about a year and a half and another year and a half in with retainers. I'm hoping it might be sooner. So tomorrow are my second extractions (2 premolars) ... had to take them off due to space for corrections.... and monday im braced! Hopefully my mouth wont be too sore after extractions by then! Waaa! :?

hepcat

#10 Post by hepcat »

Hope to hear from you all!
Last edited by hepcat on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puchi

#11 Post by Puchi »

Hi purr_miaow.. well retainers (as i have understood it) are gonna be inside my mouth in order to keep my teeth in place till my jaw adapts to the changes the teeth would have done. Its a piece of metal (very small) that has to be checked every 6 months, so its sounds like nothing much.
Up till now ive had 8 spacers to make space for the metal rings that the ortho put in on my 4 molars (top and bottom) last week... i dunno what they are called technically but i call them metal rings.... then i have a two week break till i get my brace fixed on and within those two weeks i had to get my 4 premolars extracted. Ive done 2 4 days ago, now another 2 tmrw.... im a bit worried but i also want it to be over! I am not the best patient a dentist can have, cos i'm really scared... but i fi survive this anyone can! I'll let u know how it went....Good luck!

#12 Post by Guest »

Good luck Puchi getting those two teeth out! I know what you mean about boring people with talk about braces. I would drive my husband crazy if I didn't have this site...

hepcat

#13 Post by hepcat »

:)
Last edited by hepcat on Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puchi

#14 Post by Puchi »

Hi Guys! Just to tell u >>> :D I SURVIVED MY SECOND SET OF EXTRACTIONS!!! :D <<<hehe i promise i was so scared after my first experience :? ... this time i gave the anaesthetic a good time to settle in and i also asked for extra shots! So was totally totaly numb but thank god cos i felt NOTHING compared to last time... where i almost passed out! :shock: hehe no ok im exaggerating... but i had felt so much more than just "pressure"! :(
So i'm on the road to recovery and in exactly 4 days i get my ceramic braces on! :roll:

#15 Post by Guest »

Good for you Puchi! Your on your way :D