Newbie soon starting..

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

onny

Newbie soon starting..

#1 Post by onny »

Hi all,

im glad I found this nice Board. I already read some nights in it, which was very imformative and enjoying ;)

In some days im 24 years old and im from Germany. when i was a child I already had braces and i wore the retainer regulary, but unfortionatly some teeth moved a bit again and my bite/jaw position is a bit annoying and its not getting better ofc, so i decided to let it done by an ortho. In some days i will have an appointment to talk about possible treatments with an ortho, and some days after i made more appointments with other orthos. (Just to hear several meanings ..) And if all goes well I will then begin a treatment still this summer.

I still can hardly believe i have made appointments with orthos and i feel a bit scared but also excited.

Oh btw, there comes a question into my mind that i always wanted to ask:

I talked to my Dentist some weeks ago, about bleaching procedure, and I probably wanted to make it around the current time. But now when there is a ortho treatment somewhere in the near future starting, may it be a bad idea to get the teeth bleached some weeks before?

I will keep you updated with details from the ortho after the appointents.
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

onny

#2 Post by onny »

Hey all,

im back.. I was at another ortho today, which im going with ;) The first one i visited 3 weeks ago said like: he wouldnt recommend fixing my bite, that costs wouldnt pay for the results.. I was like huh? Well the one i was today was different and said its all no problem, will just take a while. (2y) If i have no problem with that. Ofc i said no i dont have a problem with braces and their costs, otherwise i wouldnt sit here.. :)

So 17th July its time for taking Pics, impressions etc. + getting the date for the B-Day :P

I keep you updated..

BTW: Where can i change my signature? i couldnt find anything anymore about it in my profile :|
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

Bridget

#3 Post by Bridget »

Hi Onny!

I am a to-be Newbie as well and also from Germany! I must say this is the best board about braces there is on the Net.

In the beginning I was shocked about the variety of boards, most of them only for real "braces lovers" so I am really glad that someone recommended this board to me!

I hope all is going well with your "braces planning" - my b-day is in 15 days. It took me so long to decide that I now really cannot wait!

Hope to read from you soon again!

Best regards from Munich!

Bridget

onny

#4 Post by onny »

Hello,

its time for an update, sorry that it took quite a while..

After taking all the xray pics and impressions my ortho found out its worse than we first thought. There are several different problems and luckily all can and will be fixed. In more detail it is: several crowd/rotated teeth (barly visible, but still faulty), several bite problems, and both jaws dont have enough space.
At first all 4 wisdom teeth are to be pulled in 3 weeks and then finaly i will have my bday on nov8 :D

I will be in braces approx. 36 month, top and bottom metal brackets, then also some kind of expander for the top and some later a hg :(

At least this journey isnt as expensive as it would be usualy, i just(lol "just") have to pay 3880 euro, but usualy it would be like 5-6k for that stuff done and timespan.

So far so good, i again will keep u updated and think about me nov8th
BTW: Anyone a nice suggestions for first color lig choice? =)
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
My Braces Journey Blog.

onny

#5 Post by onny »

Because i cant set it up to my signature yet, but wanting to keep track of the left time :P I post that event ticker directly:

onny

#6 Post by onny »

I really must say that spacers are very annoying, i have 8. :(

2 teeth were extracted last week and it healed perfectly btw, but it was very painful, good that there are powerful painkillers too =)

onny

#7 Post by onny »

Hey,

I am now officially a member of the Bracket Club :D finally braced after so long time of waiting. The fixation took 3 3/4 hours and it was a strange feeling when I first closed my mouth and looked into the mirror, but i got used to it very fast.

Thank you for you replies linda21 and KK and thx especially for the advices. I do warm salt water rinses now every morning and it seems to help a bit already. And of course i had and always will have a very positive attitude, im very happy currently that i really started this journey and that i will have a fixed nice working bite soon.

I create a new thread with a pic and some questions...
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
My Braces Journey Blog.