My time is now!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ckrobyn

#16 Post by ckrobyn »

Tomorrow is the big day. I am a mess.
I called the Ortho's office today (the receptionist and I have developed a fun friendship) and I told her I'm NOT going through with it. She told me in no uncertain terms that I am. I then told her I would come in and get the braces on, but would be back the next day to get them OFF! We both had a good laugh, and I needed that.

If anyone has some last minute encouragement and/or advice right about now, I would appreciate it.

Good luck to me!

oski1970

#17 Post by oski1970 »

I just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you will be fine. Six months from now you'll be so glad you did it.

Renee

ckrobyn

#18 Post by ckrobyn »

Thanks Oski - I appreciate it!!!

OhNicole

#19 Post by OhNicole »

Good luck tomorrow Robyn, you'll do great! Before you know it a month has already gone by, you're used to your braces AND you're seeing changes! Don't dwell on the negative side (what little there is) and tomorrow will be a rewarding experience for you :D
~Nikki~
23 year old brace face and proud of it!

My story is well under way! Follow along in my thread.

oski1970

#20 Post by oski1970 »

How did it go today?

chemicalfan

#21 Post by chemicalfan »

Yeah, how did it go??
The first week is the worst - power through it and it'll be easy sailing from then

ckrobyn

#22 Post by ckrobyn »

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the good wishes and encouragement! I have been braced! :lol:

The actual procedure went well, although even after reading about lip retractors, I still wasn't ready for it! That thing is just plain nasty! It took about an hour and 45 mins for the tops and bottoms to go on, and when they asked if I wanted to see my new braces, all I said was I WANT MY LIP BALM!! LOL!

So the braces are on. Last night I was feeling pretty good, with very minimal discomfort with my teeth - maybe just a tight feeling and some minor tingling. The real issue today is with the inside of my lips! I know that it is going to take several days for that inside lip tissue to toughen up, but boy - right now it hurts! I think I have wax on every single bracket. Eating is a challenge, but not because my teeth hurt, because of the brackets rubbing against the inside of my lips :cry:

I slept okay last night, woke up a few times for a drink of water. When I woke up this morning the first thing I felt was a mouth full of brackets and I burst into tears and thought what the **** have I done to myself??? I had a 5 minute pity party and then started to focus on the end result....beautiful teeth.

Anyone who can tell me that the inside of my lips WILL get used to these braces - please post here ASAP!!!!!

My brackets are all ceramic, and the wire is enamel coloured - so unless you are standing really close to me, you can't even tell I am wearing braces.

I'll try and post a pic soon.

Thanks to everyone for their support :)

Quirky Girl

#23 Post by Quirky Girl »

Hi Robyn,

Congratulations on getting started! :HugeGrin: I remember the first few days well, once you get through them the worst is over. It took me 3 or 4 days to get used to the hardware. The best thing for me was warm salt water rinses 4 or 5 times a day and plenty of wax. It will take a little time but you will get used to it. Stay well hydrated and use plenty of lip balm. Hope everything gets better soon!

ckrobyn

#24 Post by ckrobyn »

Thanks Quirky :)

I'm fine as long as I am not talking or attempting to eat anything.....kinda hard not to talk at work -most of my job is talking, and every word spoken scrapes the inside of my mouth :cry:

When I got home today, I managed a bit of soup and a few tablespoons of hummus, then I laid down on the couch for an hour and didn't move my mouth. I actually feel a tad bit better now.....

For those in the know - is it advisable to sleep with wax on my teeth or should I remove it before bed? I know the wax pieces are tiny, but I don't feel like swallowing wax!

Today I have had many moments of regret. Thanks to all you guys and your inspiring stories, I am thinking of the end result and hangin' in there!!!

oski1970

#25 Post by oski1970 »

I hope you feel better soon. It will only get better from here.

ckrobyn

#26 Post by ckrobyn »

Sorry the pic is huge, but I don't know how to make it smaller!!!

ckrobyn

#27 Post by ckrobyn »

Okay, so the pic is enormous and I look like a total freak!

I have no clue how to size the pic - so if anyone knows, I'm all ears.......and teeth! LOL!

As you can see, my braces are enamel coloured and so is the wire. I wish it came out a bit clearer, but you get the general idea.....

oski1970

#28 Post by oski1970 »

I think they look good. You can't hardly even see them. As far as resizing your picture I use photbucket.

ckrobyn

#29 Post by ckrobyn »

I actually used photobucket for the first time last night in order to post that pic - I didn't notice an option to resize, I will have to look for it.

Okay, so the inside of my lips and cheeks are still really bugging me and I hope and pray that I wil get used to this soon!!!

I am all over the wax thing - they are on every single bracket.

Will I ever eat solid food again? If so - when??????

ckrobyn

#30 Post by ckrobyn »

Double post