Fully Braced now ~ I'm naked

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ThisIsMary

My teeth have already moved in only three days!!

#16 Post by ThisIsMary »

I'm sorry, but I have to post a quick update. I was just getting ready to go to bed when I realized something. My teeth have moved! Before I got braces my bottom teeth would hit the back of my front teeth when I bit down. Well, I just bit down and, THEY DON'T HIT ANYMORE!!! I thought my teeth felt different when exploring with my tongue but now I know for sure that they are moving. I thought I'd post cuz it made me really excited. anyway, i'll post again later if I notice more movement.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#17 Post by nahky »

Looks good ThisIsMary. I really like that White archwire. I want one now!!!

It looks so descrete. Do most orthos have these now?

Are they as storng as normal ones? Will the colour wear off?

At my next adjustment, i'm going to ask about it definately.

Yeah i remember when I first notice my teth moving after a week, the excitement sets in :lol: Well now its been 2 weeks for me and not much has happened. My ortho said my teeth will move quite a bit and my archwire would be poking m cheek so i would have to get it snipped. But it hasnt moved at all which is kinda disappointin

well anyways.. nice progress, keep us updated
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

ThisIsMary

#18 Post by ThisIsMary »

I beleive that most ortho's have the tooth colored wire. What it is is a regular wire with some coating on it so it works just as well as regular ones. As far as the coating coming off, I haven't had any problems with that.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

saint

#19 Post by saint »

Very glad to read that you haven't had much pain or anything! I'm hoping my bracing will be relatively pain free too!!! :)

ThisIsMary

#20 Post by ThisIsMary »

One week later and things are going well. I did developed canker sores on day three so I just waxed up and they're gone now. I haven't had much pain. However, it's little sore still to chew with some of my teeth that are braced. I have notice some movement which is good. I do have to admit that I think this is going to be a long 1 1/2 to 2 years. Anyway, I'm hoping time will fly. Hope everyone has a great day.

Mary
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

aussierob

#21 Post by aussierob »

nahky wrote:Looks good ThisIsMary. I really like that White archwire. I want one now!!!
At my 1st adjustment my top wire was changed and I was given a "white" archwire (not my request, it was just what I was given)
The wire is square in profile and the only side that's painted white is the outside.
Yes the colour comes off quite easily, during fitting a lot of the paint around the bent parts of the wire came straight off. The rest is whittling away as I brush.
In face I've been trying to scrape the white off as it's taking away from my stainless-steel colour scheme!!!

ThisIsMary

#22 Post by ThisIsMary »

maybe i don't have the same wire you do cuz i haven't had any problems. mines perfectly round with coating all around. I haven't had any of the coating come off wahtsoever
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

malikara

#23 Post by malikara »

Hi ThisIsMary

I've been in braces for 9 weeks and had a white round wire fitted. The white started peeling off after about 2 weeks and was completely gone by week 4 leaving behind a plain normal metal wire :cry: . If your's hasn't starting peeling within 4 weeks please could you let me know what make wire you have fitted so I can ask my ortho to get some :D Thanks a lot.

ThisIsMary

#24 Post by ThisIsMary »

Hey malikara, I'm in day 16 now and no problems. The only thing I noticed was right after I got my braces on, I saw a spot that looked like the coating had come off(you can see it in my pic, it's on one of the front two teeth). The spot is behind on of the rubber band thing that goes around your brackets so I don't know for sure that it is the coating coming off. Other than that, no problems whatsoever. I have an apt. on May 11 to get my bottoms braces put on, if you like I can ask my ortho then waht kind of wire it is.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

ThisIsMary

#25 Post by ThisIsMary »

I just thought I'd post a picture. This is a picture taken today, day 16. YOu can't really see much movement but you can tell my teeth have moved some because the wire looks different.

[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

malikara

#26 Post by malikara »

Hi

That's really good progress so far - it's a good feeling when you start to see that wire straitening out isn't it?

The dot you mentioned is a guide used to help place the wire in the right position. I'm not exactly sure, but I think they place the dot where your midline is to be moved to, or to just line the wire up in centre of your arch.

Thanks for the info on your wire. It still looks in good shape after 16 days. Mine was peeling badly by then :cry: Yes, I'd be really grateful if you could ask your ortho the make of your wire when you have your next appointment. My next appointment is 19th April. Thanks again.

ThisIsMary

#27 Post by ThisIsMary »

Well, it's been a month since I got my top braces put on. Unfortunately, the coating on my tooth colored wire is starting to come off. This does not make me happy. I mean, I paid extra money for this wire so my braces would be less noticeable. The only thing I can hope is that the coating won’t have come completely off by the time I go in for my next appt. Then I will have them put a new wire on. The coating did last for a month but in the last two days I've noticed it's starting to come off. The wire is still not completely exposed; it's just visible up close that the coating is getting thin so you can see a slightly darker color underneath. Other than that, no problems at all. I noticed that my teeth have moved which is good. I just look at each day as one less day that I have to wear them. I haven't had any pain except for the occasional random tooth that will ache a little. I’m actually quite surprised at how easy they are. I have a question for some of you. Will my ortho go ahead and make an adjustment to my top braces when he puts the bottoms on on May 11 or do they not do that at the same time? I understand that it depends on whether or not I’m ready for an adjustment, I'm just curious if this is a possibility.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

malikara

#28 Post by malikara »

When you go for your next appointment they may or may not do an adjustment, it depends on whether your current wire has done its job. Although, at this stage there is no adjusting to do as such, you just progress onto a heavier wire.

Sorry to hear about your white wire :cry: (and I thought you'd found one that doesn't peel!) . As I understand it, and I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get the the heavier wires in white, as they don't work so well sliding through the brackets.

ThisIsMary

#29 Post by ThisIsMary »

I talked to my Aunt Becky tonight who also had ceramic braces and tooth colored wire and she told me that her coating never came off. She said I should call the ortho and ask for a new one. I’ll probably end up doing this because it bugs me that the silver wire is visible. I believe you're right about having a regular wire towards the end because my aunt also told me that they quit using the coated wire when she was just about finished. This is fine with me but I want the coated wire while I can have it.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom

ThisIsMary

#30 Post by ThisIsMary »

Well, I realized I hadn't posted a picture in awhile so I htought I'd put some up.

Here's the first one. I hate that I didn't take a picture at this angle before braces but I'll just start with this one.

Here's the first day of braces. I thought I'd put it up so you could compare. There's not much movement but atleast there's some

Here's the front view at day 34. As you can kind of see, the coating is coming off my wire in some areas.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Hawley top and bottom