What have I done to myself?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dentalistaUK

#16 Post by dentalistaUK »

Hi Tantan

I'm glad you are feeling better. I have had my brace for about 6 weeks now. I only have the top teeth braced, but I have a trans-palatal arch, which goes right across the roof of my mouth. That really feels weird. I'm used to it now, but look forward to the day when it comes off!

If you're still having pain, try a saltwater mouthwash. Mix half a teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water and swill it around your mouth 5 or 6 times. (Finish off with a mouthful of clear water to take the salt taste away.) This is really simple but a really effective way to relieve discomfort.

bracedup

#17 Post by bracedup »

Hi tartan,
i'm new too and also 41. Like you i have a lot of saliva and it's also making me feel sick. I try to spit it out as much as i can (when appropiate) drinking cold water helps. Soft food only at the moment so i dont have to chew. I dont want to rip my mouth apart or trying not to anyway. Theres no gain without pain I was told. Cant wait till it all settles down.