*waves hello*

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

samantha_lou

#16 Post by samantha_lou »

I had my consultation this morning, not too many surprises - considering that I work right alongside my orthodontist in the same office, however, it was nice to have some one on one time in the chair.

We talked about SARPE surgery briefly, I'm very small and have a small bone structure - so I was never going to have a very big mouth with room for lots of teeth, and we don't want to or need to alter my profile or face shape at all. We're just going to go with the RPE, and take it very slowly. We are also negotiating on a bite plate for a small crossbite, but we're going to see how things go over the next year or so. The aim is to be ready for braces and full banding in January 2008, which seems such a long way off right now.

I have tentatively scheduled to have some study models and seps at the end of March, impressions and band fitting for the RPE in mid-April and then delivery of the RPE in the second week of May. Like I said, we are taking it all very slowly, and I've yet to decide if this is the schedule I will stick to (mainly its now figuring out the financing and what is due when, and my need to still be saving the $$$).

I'm pleased overall, and I am happy to have at least got the ball rolling, even though its rolling very slowly for me right now. :lol:

Der_Todesengel

welcome

#17 Post by Der_Todesengel »

Hello and welcome to the message board. :) I hope you enjoy yourself here. I am not in braces but I love talking to people who are in them or getting them to let them know it's okay, I used to have them. :)