What do you miss eating?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

workingmomma

Re: What do you miss eating?

#31 Post by workingmomma »

braceface74- Braces have definately been an appetite suppressant for me. It takes me so long to chew anything right now that I don't eat nearly as much. I've already lost 5 pounds. It's kinda cool knocking out 2 new years resolutions with one thing. :)
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

I'm already counting down the days until I get these off.

braceface74

#32 Post by braceface74 »

workingmomma wrote:braceface74- Braces have definately been an appetite suppressant for me. It takes me so long to chew anything right now that I don't eat nearly as much. I've already lost 5 pounds. It's kinda cool knocking out 2 new years resolutions with one thing. :)
lol, now i have my braces on the thing i miss eating most is food haha.. i'm sure i'll soon get the hang of it again.
Braces journey 16/01/2012 - 03/06/2013 :)

My Braces story

TMJJill

#33 Post by TMJJill »

Today, I was missing being able to eat some of the Valentine's candy that is out now. I'm not a huge candy eater, but some of those chewy sugar coated cinnamon hearts looked good :heart: ... or some heart shaped SweetTarts :heart: ... or some of the candy with nuts.

Can you tell I was hungry when I walked by the seasonal aisle today :?:

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

bracemyself23

#34 Post by bracemyself23 »

[quote="JennyLaughs"]Oh yeah! Doritos! I totally forgot all about those. I haven't tried eating those yet. I should give 'em a try... they don't have any shucks like popcorn that can get lodged somewhere. As long as I break them up first, shouldn't be an issue, right? And yeah, body heat for candy bars is the best way to go :D[/quote]

My braces go on in 2 weeks. I LOVE chips & salsa so I think I know what I will miss most. :(

raefactor

#35 Post by raefactor »

I thought I would starve after I got my braces on since I'm a big carb eater. And by carb eater I mean doritos, cheetos, chips, tacos. All things hard. I didn't eat any of these things for the first couple of months. I even gave up pizza because I knew it would be impossible. I was wrong. They told me I should start cutting up my food so I don't get pieces all in my braces, but I'm pretty sure I get more chucks of food stuck in the back rather than the front. Except when I eat Arby's or Subway. I haven't stopped eating anything. Pretty much everything they said I can't have, I eat. I'm very very careful and only had one bracket pop off, but it wasn't food's fault. I went to brush my teeth on the second day and it just came off. And I certainly was NOT eating foods I shouldn't have. :roll:

wildpig

#36 Post by wildpig »

Caramel candies. Not that it's completely prohibitive for me as I did ate a piece anyway. And yes it did end up tangling in the brackets and wires after a while. Clean up is a mess up. At least the good thing is worst, it will eventually dissolve on its own whatever I can't get off. So I guess I probably will only eat this occasionally.

Other than that, hasn't really missed much of anything else. Steak, pizza, even slightly harder stuffs like triscuit, might not eat them the same way but haven't stopped eating them.

I am not much into things like curry or popcorn or corn on cob or anything like that so those things dont really matter much.

EbonyQ

#37 Post by EbonyQ »

wildpig wrote:Caramel candies. Not that it's completely prohibitive for me as I did ate a piece anyway. And yes it did end up tangling in the brackets and wires after a while. Clean up is a mess up. At least the good thing is worst, it will eventually dissolve on its own whatever I can't get off. So I guess I probably will only eat this occasionally.

Other than that, hasn't really missed much of anything else. Steak, pizza, even slightly harder stuffs like triscuit, might not eat them the same way but haven't stopped eating them.

I am not much into things like curry or popcorn or corn on cob or anything like that so those things dont really matter much.
lol I could have posted this post 8)

I eat as I used to eat before I got braces :D

[/url]

wildpig

#38 Post by wildpig »

I am being a bad boy. Ate a piece of of caramel milky way bite size piece today. Didn't turn into a disaster at all. I don't think I will eat anything that requires me to bite hard. I never really like food that requires me to bite off hard anyway. But other than that, even small size caramel candies probably won't be much of a problem once i completely adapt to chewing and letting it melt in the middle of the mouth.

Sorry, I think most of us here live to eat, not eat to live ;#)

elseegee64

#39 Post by elseegee64 »

This is all very encouraging! Thanks for posting what you still eat!

wiredone

#40 Post by wiredone »

When I first got my braces, it was really hard to eat a lot of things.

I know I'm bad, but I do cheat sometimes... I am careful when I do though. Like others here have said, you can kind of soften up certain hard foods in your mouth. Till this day (my braces treatment is almost over), I cannot bite into a nice crisp apple, or enjoys almonds :(

BracedInNOLA

#41 Post by BracedInNOLA »

wildpig wrote:Sorry, I think most of us here live to eat, not eat to live ;#)
I live in New Orleans - we DEFINITELY know that saying (and have the waistlines to prove it, too!)

wildpig

#42 Post by wildpig »

used to live in N.O. myself way b4 Katrina in the late 80 early 90s. strangely wasnt that much into crawfish or seafood although i do like gumbo and red bean and rice....

TheDormouse

#43 Post by TheDormouse »

Popcorn and tortilla chips.

marybee

#44 Post by marybee »

Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips, the really crunchy kettle chips....oh how I miss them! Crispy pizza crust, hamburgers and burritos without using a knife and fork, ribs on the bone, pistachios, croutons and pecans. However, the plus is the weight loss! :jump:

NICURN85

#45 Post by NICURN85 »

Well I start my journey next month and I know Im going to miss GUM and my raw vegetables like celery and carrots!! Im so addicted to gum that Im trying to wean myself off of it now. :roll:
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578