They're OFF! (updated 3/31/08)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MissDiana

#61 Post by MissDiana »

Hi everyone!

Okay, so I don't have new pics yet to post (I got a new phone and can't quite figure out how to take good pictures with it yet) but I'll give you the run-down:

- Power chains on the top and bottom
- New elastic placements to try and yank my midline into place.

No news on a debanding date yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new years!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

MissDiana

#62 Post by MissDiana »

Thanks, Karen!

Jamie and Ken, I loved having the wires out! It was so nice, though I did get a lot of odd looks while I ran errands in between appointments. A lot of looks like people couldn't quite figure out what was wrong, but they knew SOMETHING was goofy.

Choppers, flossing without wires is my favorite part of my adjustments. I seriously look forward to it the entire day of my appointmet. ;)

Okay, progress pictures!

The day they went on, before:

Month two:

Month four:

Today, almost five and a half months since brace day:

While I think the first two months showed the most improvment in my teeth becoming more straight, I really think now is when I'm starting to see a real change in my bite.

To be honest, I never really thought about my bite until it started to change.
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

METALMOUTHPOOH

#63 Post by METALMOUTHPOOH »

WOW :P
those pictures rock. I love looking on here and seeing success like that... It really helps keep me positive.

:pinkbraces:

nerdgirl

#64 Post by nerdgirl »

Hi, Diana! Nice to meet you! Wow - your progress it amazing! :jump:

I just got mine two days ago and it feels like such a daunting road ahead, but seeing pictures like that really keep me feeling positive that my own journey will be just as successful and that there IS some light at the end of the long tunnel I have ahead. Thanks & congrats on your success so far! :dance:

Quirky Girl

#65 Post by Quirky Girl »

Wow! I was braced 6 days ago and seeing your progress is really inspiring . It reinforces that all of the discomfort and sleepless nights will be worth it. Congrats on your great results.

MissDiana

#66 Post by MissDiana »

Man, I really sort of disappeared for a while!

I suppose that's becuase while I continue to get adjustments every three weeks and wear my rubberbands and such like a good little patient ... everything still looks the same in pictures. See?

Now is when the slooooooow changes are going on, which is great, but not very photo worthy :wink:

(Please excuse my stained powerchains! I've been unable to avoid the red wine lately!)
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

MissDiana

#67 Post by MissDiana »

Oh my GOD! I went in for an adjustment yesterday and walked out with my debanding date!

APRIL 1ST!

I am pretty dang excited, let me tell you.

My set up as of this morning:

The morning before they went on:

He is going to give me both Hawley and Essex retainers, because he said that while the Hawleys are better, he knows I talk a lot for work so I'll want the Essex for daytime wear.

WHEEEEEEEE!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

*melissa*

#68 Post by *melissa* »

Amazing progress, Diana! Youre so lucky to be getting them off next month! I still have about 2-3 years...! Ahh.

MissDiana

#69 Post by MissDiana »

Melissa, 2-3 years is rough, but think how exicted you'll be when it's all over!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

jamie315

HI Diana

#70 Post by jamie315 »

Hi Diana, I havent seen you on the board in so long, I hope all is well, congrats on the debandiong date, I bet your so excited, mine has also been estimated for April or May, so I know how u feel, well goodluck! Cant wait to see those pics!

MissDiana

#71 Post by MissDiana »

Hi Jamie and Ken!

I know, I totally disappeared for a long time. I guess I was waiting until i had good news to post!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

MissDiana

#72 Post by MissDiana »

I'm free!

My teeth look ... fake, and I mean that in a good way. It's just so odd to look in the mirror and see straight teeth and no brackets. Very, very odd.

WOO!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

browneyedgrl

#73 Post by browneyedgrl »

Diana,

Congratulations!!! Your teeth look great!!!!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

MissDiana

#74 Post by MissDiana »

Thank you!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

SGPWired

#75 Post by SGPWired »

AWESOME TEETH!!! You are so lucky - and with a great smile to boot. Hooray on completing your journey! :-)o