What do you miss eating?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mysticgirl916

Re: What do you miss eating?

#61 Post by mysticgirl916 »

I miss potato chips. I feel bad when I see the rest of my family eating them, but what can you do. I still have soda once in a while, but it's easier for me with a straw and I always rinse my mouth out afterwards

Old Lady

#62 Post by Old Lady »

Wine Gums and Jujubes!
I satisfied my corn craving with corn nibbles, and cream corn and corn chowder.
I really really love Black Russian bread but can only eat it at home and brush right away, as it leaves a really visible mess on brackets and wires.
I think come Christmas I will miss cashews and caramel pop corn.

kids041

#63 Post by kids041 »

Almonds! They wear down my molar buildups so fast.... :cry:

mapleleafman888

#64 Post by mapleleafman888 »

Beef jerky!!!!!!!
My story:http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45354
Upper and Lower Damon Braces for 18 months!
I met 46 braceface adults when I had braces myself!

TrustGodAuburn

#65 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

I pretty much miss eating everything "normal". Not anything in particular, but just knowing that I can eat what I want when I want. I haven't been able to "bite" into anything and I think for some odd reason that makes me feel unsatisfied no matter what I eat. :ThumbsDown:

Matilda

#66 Post by Matilda »

I miss chewing gum.

EmBee

#67 Post by EmBee »

I think the food I feel guiltiest about eating right now is beef jerky, since it specifically on my ortho's "Do Not Eat" list. But since none of my teeth touch except for where my one molar buildup is, its nice to get it between my teeth and just chew gently on it. Then I suck all the salty goodness and flavor out of it, and by then its softened up enough to eat like normal :lol:

mysticgirl916

#68 Post by mysticgirl916 »

Even pizza is hard for me to eat sometimes, I can't eat it like a normal person - last week I ate two slices with a knife and fork

TrustGodAuburn

#69 Post by TrustGodAuburn »

Oh, I tried to eat pizza too and wound up using a knife and fork. Pizza is on the "no-no" list from my orthodontist so I guess I should not have been trying to eat it anyway!

chichi

#70 Post by chichi »

TrustGodAuburn wrote:Oh, I tried to eat pizza too and wound up using a knife and fork. Pizza is on the "no-no" list from my orthodontist so I guess I should not have been trying to eat it anyway!
Normal pizza-eating will happen eventually! I have been eating pizza normally for a couple weeks now. I don't eat the crust, which is on my no-no list.
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

JeniK

#71 Post by JeniK »

We are going out for pizza tonight. Yeah....I can eat it...sometimes with silverware...and sometimes not!! There are only a few things I cannot eat now.

oldfart

#72 Post by oldfart »

Corn on the cob. Feel like such a dork when my wife decides to cut it off for me. (At least she is not asking to pre chew my food for me after an adjustment).

of
Braces on: 2/25/2013. Braces Off: 12/23/2015
Current Retainers: Hawley Top, Essix Bottom, and Permanent Lingual Bottom

cottonsock

#73 Post by cottonsock »

Not so much the individual foods, but just the ease of an apple or something on the move, without having to chop everything up first!

Funtobeme

#74 Post by Funtobeme »

I miss popcorn :( and corn nuts! We recently went to the state fair and I realized i could not eat just about everything I liked :( no corn dogs on sticks, all food seemed to be mobile food made to be bitten into and walked around with not torn and cut apart. It was a little depressing, but then the fried twinkles cheered me up :) and ice cream! Made me recognize that we take for granted what our teeth can do until they are mostly useless! On the plus side I have seen a lot of movement in these 6 weeks with them on and I have no complaints on how things are looking so soon into treatment!

Norrie

#75 Post by Norrie »

I miss everything about food. My diet is already hampered by Celiac disease, so I can't eat any bread, cupcakes, cookies, donuts, etc. (unless they're gluten-free, which is generally pretty lame). And I can't eat tomato-based sauces or garlic, no matter how much I love them. So my food thing was already bogus.

Fast-forward to getting lingual braces put on 1.5 weeks ago, and I'm a very sad bunny. I pretty much eat: applesauce, chocolate pudding, chocolate shakes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and smoothies with protein powder. I'm still struggling with things like fries. My mom made me a very soft gluten-free lasagna yesterday (because even though I'm 37, she spoils me), and I could get through it, but not gracefully. Eating in front of people is a nightmare.

It's hard to imagine two full years of this. I am a giant baby.