Fully Braced now ~ I'm naked

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ThisIsMary

#76 Post by ThisIsMary »

Well, the removal went great. I no sooner signed in and sat down and my name was called. I will admit I was nervous but I didn't really care what they were going to do to me because I knew I was getting my braces off. I sat in the chair and the first thing they had to do was remove the ligs and wire from the top arch since I had ceramics. Next they took the tool that looked a little like pliers and popped off my bottom metal brackets, wire, ligs and all. It literally took seconds to get the bottom brackets off and there wasn't any discomfort. For the top ones they had to use a different tool because they were ceramic. When these were popped off my teeth were a little tender because the removal of the ceramic require a little more effort but it didn't really hurt. The removal of the top brackets probably took at the most 2 minutes. Only 1 bracket shattered and that wasn't that big of a deal. After that, the ortho sanded the cement off which took maybe 5 minutes at the most. Before I knew it, the ortho pulled out my retainers and said lets see if you can put these in. I put in the retainers and I was done. I have two Hawleys, the top is hot pink and the bottom is orange. I do have an expansion screw in the top one in order to correct my cross bite that wouldn't budge with braces. You can kind of see it in the pick. You'll notice my top retainer is split in half with a little metal thing in the middle, that's the screw. All I have to do is use the key and turn it once a week. So that's it, I can't believe they're actually off.

1st day with braces

No braces!!

With retainers

My retainers

[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

Tin Indian

#77 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D Mary,
CONGRATULATIONS, you look great naked!I do mean your teeth!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

jennielee81

#78 Post by jennielee81 »

Absolutely PERFECT! :dance:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

M1k3y

#79 Post by M1k3y »

beautiful smile! Way to go. :D
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

Mel-UK

#80 Post by Mel-UK »

Hi Mary,

Your teeth look wonderful - very inspiring! And I love the colours of the retainers! When I was a kid I had a very boring 'gum coloured' one... it's good to know things have moved on.
Damon3 upper & lowers
plus bite turbos on upper front teeth and one elastic closing a gap on front lower teeth and one closing a gap on upper front teeth. Elastics on hooks both sides.

braced4asmile

#81 Post by braced4asmile »

They look awesome! I bet you can't stop beaming!! Congrats!

Anxious to be debanded 4/23/08!

~CanadianChick~

#82 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Holay smile batman!! Great results!!! Congrats!!!!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

ThisIsMary

#83 Post by ThisIsMary »

Thanks everybody! I was worried that after I went through all of this I would regret my decision to get braces but that's not the case at all. I'd do it all again if I had the chance.
[/url]

Ceramics on top
Metals on bottom
18 - 24 month duration
Removed September 27, 2006
Hawley top and bottom

mum22boys

#84 Post by mum22boys »

Mary, I really enjoyed reading the past 6 pages. Im getting mine on on Thurs. Your teeth are beautiful.......

Joel-

#85 Post by Joel- »

Your teeth look awesome! :D