Gays In Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sistermadly

#76 Post by Sistermadly »

Do bisexuals count? ;)

Shae

#77 Post by Shae »

YAY for Queers! :D

ImFor24

#78 Post by ImFor24 »

Sistermadly wrote:Do bisexuals count? ;)
Absolutely!! 8)
"Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!"

ImFor24

Re: Fellow Brother Here lol

#79 Post by ImFor24 »

jamie315 wrote:I have had my braces on for a little over 6 months, so your def not alone, its so hard with a culture so focused on looks, but itll all be worth it.
Welcome aboard cutie!

ImFor24

Gum Disease

#80 Post by ImFor24 »

Ok peeps-

To start off, I will say "I am not downing braces!", as I am aware this is my own fault.

Now, for the rest of the story... Today was not a good day. Went to my dentist for a 6 month cleaning. I have this wonderfl RDH named Melanie. She took both bitewing and a panoramic x-ray and discovered that the 'mild case' of gingivitis has turned into full-fledged gum disease. All because of not flossing. I lead a very busy schedule and I'm a little on the lazy side, so I can admit I only get around to flossing about once a week. therefore, no more regular cleanings, I will have to undergo deep cleanings from here on out which is $190 a visit, per 1/2 the mouth as they only do one side at a time.

People, this is irreversible, so what ever you do, FLOSS your teeth!

With all this being said, on my next visit to the ortho next week, I plan on telling her to order retainers and I will have the braces removed in September. I was told I would wear them for two years at most but come this September it will be three years. What is the hold up you may ask. Since December 2005, she has been trying to align the midline with no success and yes I have worn the midline rubber band faithfully.

Now that I have vented, I suppose I shall go to sleep. :evil:

PARR

#81 Post by PARR »

I had the deep cleaning and it is amazing how that under gum crud affects your general health. Once done and corrected, you'll feel great. It was due to my perio that I decided to really fix up my mouth and when my pard came in saying he had to or else risk real tooth loss, it was a let's do it together scene. Both wired up now...a real cute couple btw...you're a looker too, so get those gums up to speed! good luck

Laurie

#82 Post by Laurie »

Part of the main reason I've become a flossing fiend is from the bre-braces teeth cleaning I had. That lady scared the ever living crap out of me and made me a believer! No more lazy flossing for me!

dagwoman

#83 Post by dagwoman »

Hey,

I'm part of the family, just thought I'd say a quick hi!

ImFor24

#84 Post by ImFor24 »

dagwoman wrote:Hey,

I'm part of the family, just thought I'd say a quick hi!
Welcome!

ImFor24

Ckeck-up today

#85 Post by ImFor24 »

I went in today with the intent of getting the ball rolling to have my braces removed next month/next appointment. However, the doc assured me to bear with her for just three more months and she will be done. She also contacted the RDH who treated me last week so that she could view the x-rays. Assured me that with the deep cleaning and better flossing when the braces come off we can keep this under control.

Thank goodness my teeth will be naked in November.