What was your first meal/food after braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tee

Re: What was your first meal/food after braces?

#91 Post by tee »

I think I had Kraft Dinner? The second night I managed chicken cut into tiny pieces. It wasn't so much difficult and painful to eat, as it was awkward with all that strange metal taking up space in my mouth.

nightmare56

#92 Post by nightmare56 »

i had some chicken. I had two spacers put in that day so there were only two points on my teeth that actually touched. I also had to learn to stop biting at an earlier point. The first bite I took was one of the worst pains ive had in these braces. Those spacers came down with too much force. Bite softly if youre getting spacers until you relearn to bite. :wink:

80sBraceFace

#93 Post by 80sBraceFace »

I think I had mashed potatoes... I tried to eat somethng else but it was impossible, it hurt too much.

daveyw

#94 Post by daveyw »

i had a home made griddled bacon double cheese burger, sin free fries, and salad. (like a whopper meal without the bun, one of my favorites)
not a great idea for a first meal... it took me nearly an hour to eat it, and my jaw was aching by the time i'd finished....

Bracedforthewedding

#95 Post by Bracedforthewedding »

I had a bean burrito that was cut into small enough pieces to mash with my tongue on the top of my mouth and swallow. It was sad. LOL

Today (my second day braced) I had to swallow my Lo Mein noodles with tofu.

How long does the soreness last usually?? :(

caudalie

#96 Post by caudalie »

Soon after getting braced, feeling no pain whatsoever, I decided to order a big fat sandwich at Subway. Boy, was I in for a shock! The very first bite I took made the pain kick in! My teeth were sore for a few days and had to resort to mashed potatoes and soup.
I'm getting my bottom braces done on my next appointment. Not really looking forward to the mashed potato/soup diet again, lol.

smpdex

#97 Post by smpdex »

I just ate my first meal after getting my braces on (7 hours ago) and it was hot dogs in buns (cut up so I didn't have to bite into it) and pasta.

I didn't have pain eating - we'll see about tomorrow!!

jleanne

#98 Post by jleanne »

My first meal was Top Ramen. Big mistake, I had noodles wrapped around and stuck to everything LOL Thank goodness for the water pik I very last minute decided to buy!

allyria

#99 Post by allyria »

I had to have mashed vegetable soup for like a week after I got my braces put in. It gets quite boring after a while. :lol:

Featheryy1221

#100 Post by Featheryy1221 »

I know this is an old post, but since I was told not to eat dyed foods because of the stuff they use on your teeth before they put on the brackets, my first meal was chicken noddle soup and a couple pieces of bread. Later that night I had mashed potatoes and plain greek yogurt.

Estimated treatment time: 18 months. (6 months- expander, 1 year- braces)
Bonded Rapid Palatal Expander: 10/1/13 - 3/31/14
Upper and Lower Metal Braces: 4/22/14 - 7/14/15
Total treatment time: 21 months

SpottedPickle

#101 Post by SpottedPickle »

My first meal was 2 plain chili dogs that took and hour to eat for lunch. A quarter of a porterhouse (the filet as it was so tender), potatoes, and cauliflower for dinner. Dessert was ice cream and a whiskey sour :)

lydime

#102 Post by lydime »

A milkshake for dinner the first two nights! And some instant oatmeal during the day.

BeautifulDisaster

#103 Post by BeautifulDisaster »

I ate as soon as I got home from my appointment. The discomfort didn't sink in until the next morning, so I was able to eat Trader Joe's chicken potstickers (in small bites). It also gave me a chance to test out my Waterpik. It was totally manageable. Attempting to eat eggs the next morning was definitely another story.

27 year old female
Traditional braces: clear uppers, metal lowers
Expected treatment time: 24 months
Brace story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=47574

Davidlusive

#104 Post by Davidlusive »

I had pancakes haha

GeezLouise

#105 Post by GeezLouise »

Fried chicken, cut in itty, bitty pieces. As my molars don't meet at present, I mostly pretended to chew and swallowed the pieces whole. :tingrin: