Hi from Hils

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Hils

Hi from Hils

#1 Post by Hils »

Hi, I have just registered and am about to get fitted with a brace in 1 1/2 hours.
I have been given alot of comfort reading through your messages and am almost looking forward to getting my brace fitted today. Oh & I'm 27-this doesn't seem to be a thing that adults do much in England!

I have 8 spacers in at the moment and have been in for a week now and have driven me crazy! The times I have almost pulled the things out is countless. Well I've done it now & am hoping that the brace will be a different feeling to this.

I think that I'm starting with only the top row on (metal) as I have a deep bite. I'm not too good with the terminology of teeth yet so please excuse if I get it wrong. I think I'm going with pale blue ligatures with bright pink ones at the back to please my daughter (3)!

Will try to post a picture soon when I figure out how to do it.

Regards Hils x

Hils

#2 Post by Hils »

oh my god!

well its in - & I'm wondering if I can stick this for another year or so.

I have metal bands round 4 molars which are like razors to my tounge :yuck:
The Orthodontist filed off the tooth behind my k9 (?) which was built up by my dentist years ago. I forgot how much it bent inwards.

I have gone for pale blue bands which look ok.

I dont feel much pressure (yet) its just the tounge thing so far.

Do you get used to your toplip getting stuck on top of your brace?

You guys all must have balls of steel to be so good about this - my sense of humour has gone right down the toilet!

Hils

#3 Post by Hils »

Hils wrote: The Orthodontist filed off the tooth behind my k9
Didn;'t file it off just back to the origional tooth!

Hils

#4 Post by Hils »

Well I've been back to the ortho already!
2 ligatures weren't holding the wire into the bracket so he wired them in leaving on the blue lig so it look the same as the others.
I also asked him to file down some of the metal bands as I was hitting metal top to bottom when I closed my mouth. A slight improvement but can still feel metal clashing.

I'm feeling a little disappointed as my teeth aren't in any type of pain what so ever - my tongue is ripped to bits from the bands but thats it! I am of the no pain no gain club but this seems too easy. Maybe because I went through absolute agony with Wisdom teeth erupting and shifting everything around I've become a bit immune. (have I cursed myself now?!)

Anyway my next appointment is in 10 weeks time - is this normal? it seems too long to me

I've taken some bad pics & will have a look at putting them on later.

Regards Hx