new to this

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

psych1985

new to this

#1 Post by psych1985 »

Looking forward to joining the club. Spacers put in on Monday with braces scheduled for next thursday. I didn't realize eating would be a prob until the brackets were on.

Spacers aren't all that bad. Any great ideas on soft foods.

shaynesgirl

#2 Post by shaynesgirl »

Hi :D

I had 8 rubber spacers before being braced, (still have 2 around one tooth). I broke a few due to my over-zealous chewing so be careful, even with the chewing gum! "Soft food, chew slowly", was the lesson I learned.

Good luck!
35 yr-old mother of 2
Braced 5/4/06
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

psych1985

#3 Post by psych1985 »

Thanks for the replies. Spacers have been on for 4 days now and the discomfort is minimal but I can't help but play with them. :oops:

Brace day is next Thursday and the butterflies are busy. I keep thinking, at 46 why would I want to do this? I'm a junior in college and work a full time job and I'm putting on braces like a kid.

My dentist keeps assuring me it will be worth it and after it's over he will be using me as a case study for veneers. I appreciate the support and knowing there are others out there with families that are doing the brace thing.