I found you all! New too...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mrs z

I found you all! New too...

#1 Post by mrs z »

Hi!
My name is Loretta and I am 37 years old and am getting my braces on April 19th, a week from today. I went in yesterday for the spacers and thought "what have I done?!" They are driving me nuts, but are not hurting me like they told me they would...but I've been taking Motrin round the clock since I left the office.
So, I am getting clear brackets on top and they told me they can't do clear on the bottom but I didn't get a reason. Is that how it goes? I am also getting gold instead of silver because my husband thinks it looks less harsh. :lol:
I will have to wear them for about 20 months! :shock: I never had braces before, the ortho said I didn't need them, but wisdom teeth, time and pregnancies changed all that. My bottom teeth shifted and will get worse unless I stop it now. And I was told I will pretty much wear retainers forever. At least I didn't have to have teeth removed. The ortho is going to make room but filing them down, I forget what that's called.
I am sort of anxious about all of this and feel funny when i go in the office and the parents are my age there with their kids! Funny...anyway, I have rambled enough. I am happy to have found this site so I have friends to commiserate with.

Loretta

mrs z

#2 Post by mrs z »

Thanks for the welcome! I am happy to see so many adults going for treatment!