Another Kiwi with braces( pics)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braced@28

Another Kiwi with braces( pics)

#1 Post by braced@28 »

Hey everybody,
I'm Megan, 28 years old from Auckland, New Zealand, but living in the USA for the past 4 years.

Quick background on me.

I've always had issues with my dodgy teeth. My parents couldn't afford to get braces, and I've never really been in one place long enough to get them myself, until now, that is. So last Thursday (May 4th) I finally got full metal braces on my upper and lowers. My bottom teeth are pretty much perfectly straight, so I don't need them at all, but my bite is off, so apparently I have to have 'em. Grrrr!!

So far, it's incredibly uncomfortable and I have no idea how anyone manages to eat at all. I've lost 4lbs in 5 days from not being able to chew on anything. My braces are totally mincing the inside of my mouth as I have quite a small mouth. And I'm sick to death of soup.

To make things worse, I couldn't bite down on my back teeth without hitting the braces on my front teeth, so I have this awful stuff on a couple of my molars so I can bite down, which just seems to make it more difficult.

And on Thursday I have to get an expander on top so I'm kind of nervous about that.

I better have one beautiful smile after this!! :D

Also, I think I'm paying more than anyone in the world - $6,700(us)!!!!!!!
No, you didn't read that wrong. And I didn't even get a sonicare in my goodie bag; Can you believe those El Cheapos!? :twisted: lol

On the upside, my ortho's right hand man is VERY sexy, and having him lean against me for 1.5 hours made everything bearable lol.

Anyway, aside from all that moaning, I'm very excited to finally be working towards a great smile, and so pleased to have found this board to share my experience with you all.

I'll update more later, but here are a few pics which I'll add to with my progress. (if they're too big let me know and I'll change them.)

Toodles. :D

Before braces on.Image

1st Day braces on. Image
[/img]

psych1985

Understanding

#2 Post by psych1985 »

Congrats on the braces. I know what you mean about the stuff on the back teeth. My Otho called them towers. I have had them for almost 4 weeks. I don't know if they told you how long they would be there, but mine said until the teeth untangle enough to prevent the top teeth biting off the bottom brackets. Nice to know specific details.

The soreness will go away. I am actually eating some solid foods (not including mashed potatoes and yogurt). It takes a while to eat and isn't very comfortable but I really am enjoying the taste. Pastas are really good and not alot of work to chew.

Good Luck.

sjsarre

#3 Post by sjsarre »

Hi braced@28 (Megan)

Welcome to the board!

I will make you feel a bit better! Cause of my wonderful location!! I'm paying around GBP4,000 for my treatment!

Be sure to post your experience and keep us up to date with pics!!