Two days in braces, only two more years to go!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

purple

Two days in braces, only two more years to go!

#1 Post by purple »

Hi All,

I am female, 30 years old and as of two days ago now a proper metal mouth!

I just wanted to say that I am really impressed with this site. really informative and above all really encouraging.

I toyed with the idea of straightening my teeth for years and kept putting it off thinking i was too 'old'. I had no idea that some many adults take the plunge!

It wasnt until my sister (who is four years older) got braces a few years ago to correct her teeth after an accident, that i thought, if she can do it, so can I.

I have moderate crowding on the bottom and an overbite on top. She wanted to remove four teeth to make room and i pleaded with her to try and file first but she said that to correct the overbite they'd have to go.

I was very nervous about that having had no signficant dental work done before but I did it last month and I am sure when the pain of the braces dissipates and i get used to them it will all be worth it....