Private Consultation Pt.1

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ready2go43

Private Consultation Pt.1

#1 Post by Ready2go43 »

Had a consultation with a private ortho yesterday,following 4 consultations with NHS ones,my god there is no comparison,no sat waiting around for hours and was treated like a person not just another number,anyway this is my first visit which involved the ortho having a good look at my teeth,moulds taken and lots of photos of my profile,teeth etc.that was the worse bit as I hate having my picture taken LOL.
I was actually told thet my bite was worse the I had thought it was,I know I have a bad crossbite as my upper molars are inside the lowers,lower front crowding,lower pre-molars outside upper pre-molars,in fact it was a bit of a shock to find out exactly how bad they were,anyway the good news is they can be fixed,but apparently it wont be quick or easy,so I was told I would need upper and lower fixed braces and a quad-helix.
I had already made up my mind before I went that I wanted metal brackets,not because they are a bit cheaper,but every ortho I have seen has told me that they are a bit quicker,more controllable and not such a pig to remove,personally I dont like the tooth coloured brackets anyway,I do not think they are that discrete,anyway have to go back in two weeks for x-rays and the detailed treatment plan(cant wait,what am I letting myself in for)oh yes,straight teeth and the ability to be able to chew food properly.
I do not want anyone to take my comment on non-metal brackets personally,it is just personal preference,and recommendation,I will post a couple of pics of my choppers nearer the time,when I know exactly was the plan of action is,keep smiling and best wishes :wink:

maf

#2 Post by maf »

Yep, I don't like having my photo taken either, so having a front and side view pic made me cringe (close-ups of my teeth are okay, though).

I have enamel-colored brackets at the front of my mouth and metal ones around the sides which aren't visible. Personally, I prefer at least to make the brackets less noticeable to other people (being a shy, anxious person), so I'm happier with them.

The total cost for my treatment is AU$5396.