Hello Everyone!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Squeakers

Hello Everyone!

#1 Post by Squeakers »

Wow, what a great site, so glad to find a place to talk to other adults having this done as well!

I just had my braces put on, on thursday. I have the clear ones on the top, metal on the bottom. Weirdest thing is going into the Ortho office, and feeling like the oldest person there...and I'm just 21!

I decided to have them done, after having to have one of my two crowns (that had a root canal done) pulled. Something about the metal used in the posts had caused a bad reaction with my tissue, and it was causing more bone loss, and abcesses...even though I had no clue, everything seemed basically fine and usual to me. Blech! I was presented with the choices of getting a bridge, or an implant...and I had never had braces before, so I asked them if it would work. So, I went to the Ortho, got the okay...and here I am!

I had to have the problem tooth pulled, and two other wisdom teeth. They are leaving the two wisdoms in near my now-gone tooth, and my other crown (incase I have the same problem with this crown, they can fix it easily I was told)

I must say, I am glad to be over the spacers part...ouchies :(

Right after I had my braces put on, I went and rented new movies...I was so nervous, my first time being out in them. Made me feel lots better when the person working there struck up a conversation about the movie I was bringing back without staring at me like I had a piece of broccoli in my teeth. :P So far, I've had all positive reaction to getting it done...and so I feel much better.

Anyways, enough rambling :P I am glad to meet you all, and look forward to getting to know more of you on this adventure :D

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

Welcome to the journey.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

Bridget

#3 Post by Bridget »

Welcome!!! That's sounds like a good start!!! I am still waiting for the b-day (2weeks and one day from now) so it's good to hear some stories about other "Newbies" too!

I wish you the best of luck!

Best regards from Germany

Bridget