Spacers make me ill

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hopelessjen

Spacers make me ill

#1 Post by hopelessjen »

Did anyone else have trouble with spacers making them sick? I have a pretty impressive gag reflex and chewing gum makes me nauseous. I haven't figured out it if is from chewing on the parts that hang out or from them rubbing on the back of my tongue. It seems to come and go but I still have another week.

OneTime

#2 Post by OneTime »

I feel your pain. It might be your tongue rubbing, but another week to go. Hang in there.
After spacers are out it gets better when the brackets goes on.

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

pippy

#3 Post by pippy »

Hi Jen

Sorry you're having hassles with the spacers!! The only trouble I had was dentist fiddling to get them in as I can relate to your gagging reflex, so sorry can't be of any help there. I got through the week by simply not chewing - if it couldn't go down whole it wasn't going there at all :wink: The little tags on them can be annoying though. By the time they came out I had got so used to them I forgot they were there so hopefully it gets better for you :thumbsup: