I've got my braces too!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

natafele

I've got my braces too!

#1 Post by natafele »

Hi everyone! I'd like to join the club, since I've got my braces yesterday. The ceramics on the top and the metallic ones on the bottom. It happened yesterday and took about 2 hours to place them. My colleages told me I should expect some pain after 2-3 hours, while my doctor said that the day after I won't be able to eat anymore. Well, yesterday as soon as I came back, I've tried something. I could not properly bite anymore, since the locks where placed very close to the edge of my teeth. My upper jaw does not touch the lower one, so I can hardly smash any food. First of all, I expected to be more ugly with braces on! I expected more pain yesterday, perhaps it will come today. In my second day I could not chew properly, I felt some pain when my teech touched the food. So I found a way to soften pieces of bread in warm tea, and it worked fine. Yesterday I cooked a soup and smashed all in it. :wink:

My biggest concern is staining of my ligatures. I decided to add some lemon juice whenever I drink some tea or when mixing sirope with water. I didn't notice staining yet. However, I'd like to know from your experience, does jam, fresh barries stain clear ligatures?

Thanks a lot!
By the way, I wanted to put braces already for 3 years, and because I found it expensive I didn't do it. Now I am 28, and I want to have a Mona Liza smile before I reach my 30! I know it will be tough, having the braces on for 2 years, but I'm happy I've done this!

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Congrats on getting braces, now to let you know I got braces on Tuesday and here it is thursday, I have absoulutly little to no pain remaining in my mouth and I'm sure I've adjusted quiet well with braces so I'm sure you'll adjust soon.

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

Hi natafele,

I think any food with colouring in it will generally stain your ligatures over time. The main culprits I've found are turmeric, red wine and tea. I would have thought that jam and fresh berries would be less of a problem.

Let us know how you get on with the lemon juice routine.

Good luck with your journey. The worst discomfort is in the first few weeks, after that you'll find things much easier.

sjsarre

#4 Post by sjsarre »

add Cumin to the list for real staining power!!

Tea and Coffee don't appear to stain my ligs at all.

Fresh Cherries have staining power aswell!

natafele

Brushing and wax problem

#5 Post by natafele »

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your answers and support! I would be thankful if you could share with me your experience regarding using the wax. I've got some wounds because of braces pushing towards my cheeks. The doctor said I should put some wax on the braces where it hurts, I've done this. But, now I don't know whether I should brush the teeth over the wax, or first remove the wax, then brush the teeth and then put the wax again. Is this right? :? What if I swallow some wax when eating? A piece of wax I got from the doctor is 2cm long and 0.5 cm wide, I'm afraid it won't be sufficient for the whole month. Can I get extra wax somewhere else if I need?

juf_84

#6 Post by juf_84 »

Hi natafele!

Congrats on getting braced, and welcome!

I would reccomend removing the wax before brushing, I think brushing might move the wax anyway, and if you remove it you will also make sure you are cleaning all over the tooth/bracket/wire.

You can order more wax from the main website- but first I would contact your ortho and see if they can supply you with more.

Another way to keep your mouth feeling happy while in braces is several warm salt water rinses each day. This will help to soothe, heal and toughen your mouth.

Best of luck!

Jennifer
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

paralegallsj

Congrads

#7 Post by paralegallsj »

Congrads on getting braced.

Best Wishes :lol: