19 and getting braces for the secind time

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

emmymae

19 and getting braces for the secind time

#1 Post by emmymae »

I had braces from 9-12 and am getting them again at 19, ick. My ortho. says that I should've had two upper teeth removed but didn't. So I had my spacers put in today and next monday i'll have my braces. After that i'm going to have those two teeth removed. I hate to be having them again because of all the questions everybody is going to have because i've had them b4. :(

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Just look at it on the bright side, Your going back to having perfect teeth again!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

M1k3y

#3 Post by M1k3y »

You're still young so dont sweat it. You'll be all right. :)
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

darkjeans5

#4 Post by darkjeans5 »

Hey!! Sorry to hear that your upset I went through the same thing. I'm 19 too and this is also my second time with braces!! It truly is terrible but think of it this way we are still young and for THE REST OF OUR LIVES we will have perfect teeth and a gorgeous smile! :D Cheer up. Life is good

onny

#5 Post by onny »

Emmymae, trust me, not everyone will ask questions because you already had braces once. I thought that too, because I also had braces before, and my front teeth are very straight, so it looks like I have braces for fun. But nearly no one asks, several friends and even one of my family didn't even said a single word about it. So don't hate getting them again, just because you are scared from questions, be optimistic and look forward to it, you will have a nice result. Good luck with you spacers, I really hated them, but luckily had them only 24 hours =)

What 2 top teeth have to be removed, for what reason ? Id be careful with extractions, except its wisdom teeth, which all 4 I get extracted too. (2 done already)
Sep03/2007 6th adjustment.
Nov08/2006 was B-day!
36 month top and bottom metal. All 8 molars banded now. Bioprogressive technic and HG some day.
My Braces Journey Blog.

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

Don't worry what everyone will say and what questions will be asked, you do not have to answer to anyone except yourself!

Congrats on taking the plunge "again"....

:D

nico07

#7 Post by nico07 »

sjsarre wrote:Don't worry what everyone will say and what questions will be asked, you do not have to answer to anyone except yourself!

Congrats on taking the plunge "again"....

:D
sjarre, after I saw your location, I googled it-very beautiful! (and so are you) :wink:

spideywoman

#8 Post by spideywoman »

Hey there Emmymae,

I don't want to sound preachy, and don't want to make you feel bad~ I just wanted to maybe mention another point of view.

You are 19~ and will have the rest of your life with a beautiful smile if you take good care of your teeth : ) I know it sucks to have them put back on, but at least you already know what to expect, what to eat, how to clean them etc.

I am 32, and wanted DESPERATELY wanted braces for as long as I can remember. I had very obviously crooked teeth and lovely fangs, but there was nothing anybody could do. My mom was a single mother of 4 and could not pay for the braces. Fast forward MANY years~ and here i am now. Proudly fixing my smile and SO excited to see the final results.

Maybe you need some more time to think about if this is something that you really want. My suggestion is DO IT NOW, if you can pay for it, get it over with then be free to enjoy the rest of your life.

I think of how many life events i went through in film and pictures with crooked teeth~ cheerleading tournaments, exams, university, my first job, marriage, my first baby, ALL with my crooked teeth.

It has been 2 1/2 months of braces now, including 4 wisdom teeth pulled and 4 extractions of bicuspids

AND LOVIN EVERY SECOND OF IT :D

Can't wait to see my finished smile~ and can't wait to see yours!

Good Luck on your journey~ It'll be over before you know it

spideywoman

#9 Post by spideywoman »

Any new updates to report?? You got quiet..